TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

PowerMadd pivoting risers versus Rox pivoting risers

14K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Fred 
#1 ·
I am looking for a set of 2-inch pivoting risers. I am trying to decide between the PowerMadd 45430 and the Rox Speed FX.

I know some of you guys have these and mostly the feedback sounds good. Is there anything bad about either of these that would sway my decision towards one of the two? Problems accessing the lower bolt heads upon installation? Interference with other parts?

Thanks.

(The above photo is probably from a riser that is taller than 2" - but it still shows what the PowerMadd riser looks like.)

See less See more
#2 ·
Powermadd is cheaper, unless you buy the blemished ROX. The Powermadd must be bought in the correct width, the ROX will work with any width.
If you plan on never taking them off and using them on something else, you can save some money with the Powermadd.
However, the 2" blemished ROXs can be found on ebay for about $50-$55 shipped. I could not find the blem on the ones I bought.

#3 ·
Rox makes an anti-vibe version too, if your cash is burning a hole in your pocket and you want to be a guinea pig. :cool:

#4 ·
old white truck,

I've been very satisfied with my power madd riser's, which you have pictured. There was no problem and did not have to re-route any of the controls. These risers are very adjustable and you would be able to adjust them to your fit. I really liked that (2 way adjustability - riser/fork & handlebar/riser). Access to the bolts was not an issue with a wrench.

Previously, I had an offset riser which did allow some adjustability of the handlebar, but these seem to fit my posture better.

#5 ·
I've been very happy overall with my Powermadd 2" risers.

Auto part Engine Vehicle Pipe Automotive exhaust

Stock cables and bars were totally workable, although depending on the rotation of the stock bars that low crossbar can make it very difficult to get an allen wrench in to tighten the top clamps. As you can see the Arizona sun has also bleached my top clamps to a bronze color from the original black. I don't mind, but some might.

When I threw my TW down a mountain a few months back you can see in the pic that the top clamps slipped a bit, likely due to the loose-ish fitment of the allen bolts I had to settle for given my originally selected rotation of the bars. The way everything settled in when I re-adjusted the slightly bent bars and all of the controls afterwards allowed for the much easier access to the allen bolts you see above.

From the pic though I'm sure you can imagine how that crossbar could interfere if rotated much fore or aft, but if you're smarter than me and do your rotating at the bottom clamps from the outset a combination wrench should make easy work of it!

Reactions: old white truck
#6 ·
Our shop sells both of these options. The only con to the ROX risers is that with enough force (drop your bike, hit a tree, etc.) you may tweak the bars so that the Rox risers aren't lined up anymore, but they can be readjusted easily. The only con to the PowerMadd risers is that the top two bolts that hold the bar in place are SAE, and not metric so if you want to be able to adjust these while you travel it's yet one more tool to carry. I don't understand why they would do this, and when I asked the company rep at the dealer show he gave me an answer that was so ridiculous that he obviously pulled it out of his ass right there instead of just saying "I don't know".

#11 ·
Thank you ALL for the helpful information. This is good stuff. Unfortunately now GapRunr's post leaves me with a quandary.

The only con to the ROX risers is that with enough force (drop your bike, hit a tree, etc.) you may tweak the bars so that the Rox risers aren't lined up anymore, but they can be readjusted easily.
OK! That info pushes me over the edge. I will buy the Powermadds! Decision made.

Hold on a minute...

The only con to the PowerMadd risers is that the top two bolts that hold the bar in place are SAE, and not metric so if you want to be able to adjust these while you travel it's yet one more tool to carry.
Really? REALLY? Aarrgh. Oh I hate that. I am trying to keep my tool kit as small and light as possible and now if I go with the Powermadd I need to add yet another wrench. Poop.

Grrrrr.

#7 ·
I just installed the PowerMadd on my bike about an hour ago. I bought mine from Amazon ,PowerMadd 45430 Black 2" Tall X 4.75" Wide 7/8" - 7/8" PowerRiser 475 : Amazon.com : Automotive, and the first set had the 7/8' bottom but the larger top, but correct clamps. That was yesterday. Sent a message to Ebay and the UPS truck brought the correct parts today and picked up the parts that were packaged wrong. Less than 24 hrs is pretty good service. Anyway, I like the way they fit, and will take it for a spin when it gets a little cooler this evening.

#8 ·
ust got back from a 20 miles ( stress reducer ride )ride and I must say Im glad I put the bar risers on. I can sit up right and enjoy the ride plus when I stand up the bars are right where my arms hang. I also put on a set of Powermadd Hand Guards. They match the blue and have the "COOL" factor but Im not sure how much protecting they will do, maybe from the cold wind. Any way, get you some of them risers! Auto part Bicycle part Vehicle Bicycle handlebar Machine
Motor vehicle Vehicle Cobalt blue Motorcycle Automotive lighting

#10 ·
Hey, I got the picture, rotated or not!

I'm with you, the difference in ergonomics with a 2" riser is so great. One of those "Wow, I didn't know it could be this good!" mods like a better front tire and bigger footpegs in my estimation.

#12 ·
Hey old white truck…

Did you ever get risers for your TW? I'm curious as to why you specifically wanted pivoting risers. Standard block risers are much cheaper, and bring the bars up and back at the same angle as the forks. We've got several sets of block style risers in our shop but my favorite by far are the Bikemaster risers. They are adjustable from 20mm to 35mm in height in 5mm increments.

Auto part Metal Steel

#13 ·
Hey old white truck…

Did you ever get risers for your TW? I'm curious as to why you specifically wanted pivoting risers. Standard block risers are much cheaper, and bring the bars up and back at the same angle as the forks. We've got several sets of block style risers in our shop but my favorite by far are the Bikemaster risers. They are adjustable from 20mm to 35mm in height in 5mm increments.

View attachment 2411
What are you selling these for $ ?

#16 ·
FWIW: I got the Rox 2" pivoting/damping risers and love them. I've taken some tumbles while exploring and never had an issue with them moving. Could be that the damping bushings suck up just enough of the initial impact force to keep them from shifting. Not to mention the damping takes some of the buzz out at speed.

Happy trails!
-SCS

#17 ·
I would think the possible flex of Rox risers that causes concern is actually a benefit. Why? I would rather see distructive force in crash spent rotating risers than bending bar. I'ld rather re-adjust than replace. I am on fence r.e. simple $30 riser vs. adjustable Rox.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.