TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Bar risers

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  qwerty 
#1 ·
i just picked up some tusk bar risers from rocky mountain that convert to the 1''1/8 bars and bought there knock offs of the fatbar in the atv...when i put the bars next to the stock they are only an inch taller...since i'm a big guy 6'4'', can i get there 1''1/4 risers and stack them or would that be unsafe?

thanks for your input...

tk

#3 ·
...when i put the bars next to the stock they are only an inch taller...since i'm a big guy 6'4'', can i get there 1''1/4 risers and stack them or would that be unsafe?
I think you will be OK. I have 1" spacers under a pair of extra tall risers with no problems (street bike). Make sure the bolts are long enough... and check to see that your throttle, clutch, and brake lines are long enough. I had to get new cables.

You might want to try some Rox Risers. They will give you +2", and are adjustable forward and back.

http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/showitems.cgi?subcat_id=268

jb

#5 ·
I don't think there will be a problem with excessive leverage. I don't have the Rox Risers myself, but they are in common usage by the BMW guys on

their 1150, 1200 GS's. I have also seen them on KLR's and DR650's. They should be fine on a 200cc TW.

jb

#6 ·
I just posted the minumalist approach to risers (in the xt350 tank install thread under Performance and Customization). I used the top half of the bar clamps from an extra tw and placed them underneath the bars to get 3/4" rise for the cost of some longer bolts. It won't satisfy you tall guys, but if you are just looking for a bit of extra clearance or height, and have access to an extra bike, you are golden. Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.