TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Risers

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Donzo 
#1 ·
This may be an elementary question, but here goes: I am thinking of installing 2" risers on my 2011 TW in order to get maybe a more comfortable position. I haven't ordered any yet, but upon looking at the cable slack and routings, I'm wondering if will work without major cable work.

Some here have mentioned re-routing the cables. Do you have to disconnect them to do that? And where. Do you re-route them? There doesn't seem to be all that much room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#4 · (Edited)
http://www.parts-unlimited.com/products/?productId=253428&partNumber=06020439

These are the best risers in the world. Made in USA. I chose to reroute my cables to the outside of the handlebars, but it probably is not necessary. Nobody should buy any other risers than these.
2 inch pivot risers for 7/8 bars. Order them today so you can get them on your bike and ride before it snows. You can do wheelies easier with risers. Real benefit- When you upgrade the appearance and function of your bike with a Clarke tank (which everyone should do), your bars will clear the tank. This is big. I had to replace my risers (1.25 inch up and 1.25 inch back). This is the right p/n also.

#5 · (Edited)
#8 ·
Yam200 - I have that same riser, PowerMadd 475. I bought it from amazon too and have been riding with it nearly a year. It fits just fine and no issues with needing to change cable length or routing. Really helped my hand position (I'm 6'3"). Easy install and no problems since. Enjoy if that's the way you go.

#11 ·
I have 2" Rox anti-vibration risers on my 2013. They pivot which allows the rider to find a comfortable handlebar position. The 2" rise was the absolute maximum the cables would allow. My hand guard mounts restricted any extra free space for the cables when the bars were raised but no re-routing was required.

I like the anti-vibration feature. They're expensive but reduce handlebar buzz nicely.

#16 ·
The reason I got the billet cap - I filled the tank with fuel took a ride and parked the bike in the sun. I went to take the cap off and the rubber part of the Clarke cap had swelled in the heat and separated from the cap! This was in 70 degree weather (in the sun). I can only imagine what would happen in the summer....I also have read of other folks have the Clarke cap break at elevation and from dropping. The Tusk cap does not have the rubber part that goes down into the tank it just has a good quality gasket along the top of the cap - simple/better design in my opinion -- and it looks way cooler, it better for $32 (including shipping) it had better look and function well! Loving this little machine. My Victory Cross Country is seeing less use :^)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.