2005 TW200 wont kick over, need advice - Page 6
Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: 2005 TW200 wont kick over, need advice

I'm not up on how plentiful TW parts are but I might look for another complete head. Sure there may be problems with it. But now you have to have new guides put it, need new valves and valve grinding, and when you are all done the head has been beat on some.
    Not that that would keep me from using it. Just pointing out why you might want to look for other alternatives. I'm not sure how much reliability you are after but I am sometimes a long way from my garage, truck or trailer and I wouldn't be that happy with that piston either.

Oopsie. I've been down this road before myself but my piston/intake area wasn't beat up quite as bad. Unfortunately, I have no extra serviceable parts to help save you money for the repair but I do sympathize with you. Good luck.
    Ken likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by socalnative View Post
    I'm not up on how plentiful TW parts are but I might look for another complete head. Sure there may be problems with it. But now you have to have new guides put it, need new valves and valve grinding, and when you are all done the head has been beat on some.
    Not that that would keep me from using it. Just pointing out why you might want to look for other alternatives. I'm not sure how much reliability you are after but I am sometimes a long way from my garage, truck or trailer and I wouldn't be that happy with that piston either.
    Gonna be pretty hard to find one used, been looking and found just one for about $250 but it'd be risky since the person selling it doesn't know how many miles it has. And buying new is out of the question, I'd be in $450

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Unless you want it back on the road immediately I'd just sit and watch every place I could think of for used parts.

I had the same issue a few years ago for a different bike. Wanted motor parts and couldn't find them. So I started to buy them new. About a month into buying what I needed I found a complete bike for less than I could find a used motor and for far less than all new engine parts. So I bought it. Then two weeks later I found a complete engine very inexpensively...I bought it too.

I'd clean it up and wait. But them I'm cheap and have other things to do and motorcycles to ride.

Oh no! It is the 555 mile syndrome. If you park it at 555 miles it will never start again.
    Send it to me and I will dispose of it for you for free.
    socalnative likes this.
    Phelonius

Quote Originally Posted by socalnative View Post
    Unless you want it back on the road immediately I'd just sit and watch every place I could think of for used parts.

I had the same issue a few years ago for a different bike. Wanted motor parts and couldn't find them. So I started to buy them new. About a month into buying what I needed I found a complete bike for less than I could find a used motor and for far less than all new engine parts. So I bought it. Then two weeks later I found a complete engine very inexpensively...I bought it too.

I'd clean it up and wait. But them I'm cheap and have other things to do and motorcycles to ride.
    i know about 3 months ago i saw a entire engine up for sale but it was fairly expensive, but i know what ya mean. i'll just have to keep searching and bide my time until a deal arises. Worst outcome is i buy new parts and install them into the old head. Cause other then the nicks there's nothing else wrong with the head itself excluding the replaceable parts.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponosred Links