Race tech fork cartridge emulators and springs - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Race tech fork cartridge emulators and springs

I have them as well on both of my dubs and one of the best mods i have done. lrppcer nailed it on how the install goes, you will need to completely dismantle the forks to remove the damping rods and drill out the compression holes.

As far as adjustments go i would try them right out of the box and see how they feel to you. One my girlfriends TW i installed them straight up with the 60kgmm springs and it was like the two parts were made for each other. The damping was spot on in my opinion and the bike was very comfortable, feels and rides great. I have the heavier springs on mine and i needed to play with them a little, i ended up adding more compression damping with one of the heavier springs that are included and also drilled out one of the low speed holes on them to get it where i liked it. I honestly think you need to put them in and try them for a while before you make any changes and since riding terrain and styles vary widely what works for one may not work for you.

btw, i would also order the fork solution kit vs buying the parts separately. I know its 20 bucks more but it comes with a new set of seals and oil. those two items are more than 20 bucks to buy so you are saving a few in the end. Since you have to tear down the forks anyway seals are a good idea and oil is a must.
    Last edited by jb882; 02-21-2017 at 01:15 PM.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

JB thanks, what weight "range" for your GF's bike. Both my wife and I are @165.

Ditto what LT said thanks Larry great posts.
    littletommy, Ken and lrppcer like this.
    Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper Bars one with risers, DG oval pipes. rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Aserbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweaker View Post
    JB thanks, what weight "range" for your GF's bike. Both my wife and I are @165.

Ditto what LT said thanks Larry great posts.
    ~135 but i resprung it because we sometimes have some weight on the bikes and plan to do more long travel loaded with camping gear. For her unloaded its a little oversprung but with 25# of stuff on the bike its perfect. I did both the forks and rear spring from Pro Cycle.

Im up over 200# and i run the heavy springs form Pro Cycle. For me they are great but a little stiff on the road, she says mine is like having no suspension at all when she has ridden it. For me her bike is perfect on the road, it rides like buttery smooth. If i was building a street only TW it would have the lighter set from Pro Cycle.
    Last edited by jb882; 02-21-2017 at 02:46 PM.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Do you guys know the Race Tech part # for the tw?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post
    I have them as well on both of my dubs and one of the best mods i have done. lrppcer nailed it on how the install goes, you will need to completely dismantle the forks to remove the damping rods and drill out the compression holes.

As far as adjustments go i would try them right out of the box and see how they feel to you. One my girlfriends TW i installed them straight up with the 60kgmm springs and it was like the two parts were made for each other. The damping was spot on in my opinion and the bike was very comfortable, feels and rides great. I have the heavier springs on mine and i needed to play with them a little, i ended up adding more compression damping with one of the heavier springs that are included and also drilled out one of the low speed holes on them to get it where i liked it. I honestly think you need to put them in and try them for a while before you make any changes and since riding terrain and styles vary widely what works for one may not work for you.

btw, i would also order the fork solution kit vs buying the parts separately. I know its 20 bucks more but it comes with a new set of seals and oil. those two items are more than 20 bucks to buy so you are saving a few in the end. Since you have to tear down the forks anyway seals are a good idea and oil is a must.
    So how big do you drill the holes, and do you have to drill additional holes? Also do you need any special tools to tear down or build the forks back up? Also what's the process for making adjustments to the emulators? Do you have to pull the springs, drain the oil every time or?
    Current bikes 2016 KTM 500 EXC, 2016 Yamaha TW 200

Quote Originally Posted by Deepseadan View Post
    So how big do you drill the holes, and do you have to drill additional holes? Also do you need any special tools to tear down or build the forks back up? Also what's the process for making adjustments to the emulators? Do you have to pull the springs, drain the oil every time or?
    Download the directions for details, much to much to type out in a proper way (with one finger) considering they have directions as well as very good articles on it. The easiest thing to do is call them. Tell them your weight, the weight if any other load you plan to carry and they do the math and tell you the settings. It was spot on for me. Sorry it was to long ago to remember the details.
    Last edited by JerseyJeeper; 02-21-2017 at 06:11 PM.
    Tweaker likes this.

You do need a tool to get guts out of the oem fork out. I just welded up an extension to a bolt. Someone will post a pic, I can't find a pic now. Picture needing a really long giant Allen wrench where the bolt head serves as the Allen wrench.
    Last edited by JerseyJeeper; 02-21-2017 at 06:12 PM.

-LRPPCER aka. WA Larry...I Live For This

2004 TW200, 128 main jet, 2 washers on the needle, 2-3/8 turns, smoke Jimbo shield, Shinko 241 trials type front tire, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip, Cycle Pumps, Custom racks, GMAX GM11D helmet, Sena SMH10, Dowco Iron Rider tank bag, Garmin etrex 20 gps, Ram mount.

See my adventure blog at...Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by dadeo316 View Post
    Do you guys know the Race Tech part # for the tw?

Anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by dadeo316 View Post
    anybody?

Sent from my lg-h811 using tapatalk
    FEGV3301

Amazon was the best I found. I like supporting Procycle, and I do, as I just gave them $400, but I can't see giving them an extra $40+ for nothing on that part.
    Last edited by lrppcer; 02-22-2017 at 11:45 AM.
    -LRPPCER aka. WA Larry...I Live For This

2004 TW200, 128 main jet, 2 washers on the needle, 2-3/8 turns, smoke Jimbo shield, Shinko 241 trials type front tire, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip, Cycle Pumps, Custom racks, GMAX GM11D helmet, Sena SMH10, Dowco Iron Rider tank bag, Garmin etrex 20 gps, Ram mount.

See my adventure blog at...Hidden Content

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponosred Links