Race tech fork cartridge emulators and springs - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Race tech fork cartridge emulators and springs

Quote Originally Posted by lrppcer View Post
    FEGV3301

Amazon was the best I found. I like supporting Procycle, and I do, as I just gave them $400, but I can't see giving them an extra $40+ for nothing on that part.
    Thank you.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

This is a great thread and likely would make a valuable 'Sticky'. Many have expressed some level of disappointment with the TW's suspension. I for one spent lots of time trying to get soft and compliant. As an older guy, comfort in the rough was high on my list. To the extreme, ended up modifying my triple-tree for a set of Yamaha Tri-Z (atv trike) forks. Silly, perhaps, but the extended travel provided the ride I was seeking. Now lets fast forward to the insight and information provided in this thread. Fork valves can be the answer to your front suspension dreams. These posters have set the bar, providing insight and instruction. Just placed an order for emulators to fit my XT-225. Before spending much time reading this thread, some folks on a scooter forum made reference to installing fork valves/emulators on their rides. As with forums in general, information sharing helps everyone. The A to Z insights provided made a day/night difference on how my 2015 Honda PCX scooter rides/handles. Well worth the low tech effort and modest price. Many of the folks on the scooter forum are from other countries so the fork valves referenced are YSS not Race Tech. Pro Cycle really makes getting the right size for the TW a slam-dunk and this merits your support. As I had only had experience with YSS, this is the brand I purchased for the XT. Appears to be a high quality product, and I am happy but information online is marginal. In response to an e-mail, Romain from Wemoto.com (United Kingdom) was kind enough to provide the following information. My purchase was not from his company, but I did Pay Pal him for his time, kindness and information.
    --

--
    Last edited by Gerry; 03-12-2017 at 12:20 PM.
    Ken, AGman and Big6Lug like this.
    Take care my Friend.........

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    This is a great thread and likely would make a valuable 'Sticky'. Many have expressed some level of disappointment with the TW's suspension. I for one spent lots of time trying to get soft and compliant. As an older guy, comfort in the rough was high on my list. To the extreme, ended up modifying my triple-tree for a set of Yamaha Tri-Z (atv trike) forks. Silly, perhaps, but the extended travel provided the ride I was seeking. Now lets fast forward to the insight and information provided in this thread. Fork valves can be the answer to your front suspension dreams. These posters have set the bar, providing insight and instruction. Just placed an order for emulators to fit my XT-225. Before spending much time reading this thread, some folks on a scooter forum made reference to installing fork valves/emulators on their rides. As with forums in general, information sharing helps everyone. The A to Z insights provided made a day/night difference on how my 2015 Honda PCX scooter rides/handles. Well worth the low tech effort and modest price. Many of the folks on the scooter forum are from other countries so the fork valves referenced are YSS not Race Tech. Pro Cycle really makes getting the right size for the TW a slam-dunk and this merits your support. As I had only had experience with YSS, this is the brand I purchased for the XT. Appears to be a high quality product, and I am happy but information online is marginal. In response to an e-mail, Romain from Wemoto.com (United Kingdom) was kind enough to provide the following information. My purchase was not from his company, but I did Pay Pal him for his time, kindness and information.
    --

--

I heard Jimbo and Ronnydog are working on a Rebuildable rear shock with much better performance??? I heard it is
    ready to be tested.

Ronnydog

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ronnydog View Post
    I heard Jimbo and Ronnydog are working on a Rebuildable rear shock with much better performance??? I heard it is
    ready to be tested.

Ronnydog

Yeah, but what would you know?

Tom
    Ken likes this.
    Never, in the history of mankind, have lives, less lived, been so well chronicled.

I am installing a new set of springs and emulators also but noticed that instead of opening the factory hole in the rod, a new hole is drilled just above it for more oil to bypass. I will post back with details and pics here for those interested along with any adjustments I make. I am a heavy rider so I went with the 70kg springs and they are 7" longer and have a thicker coil than the stokers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    littletommy, Ken and Tweaker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Big6Lug View Post
    I am a heavy rider so I went with the 70kg springs and they are 7" longer and have a thicker coil than the stokers.
    Who is the biggest TW rider out there?

Biggest TW rider?

Big6Lug likes this.
    LittleTommy Hidden Content

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Thanks littletommy! Now I dont feel so bad!
    littletommy and JerseyJeeper like this.
    07 TW200
    3 85 BW200's

I am installing a new set of springs and emulators also but noticed that instead of opening the factory hole in the rod, a new hole is drilled just above it for more oil to bypass. I will post back with details and pics here for those interested along with any adjustments I make. I am a heavy rider so I went with the 70kg springs and they are 7" longer and have a thicker coil than the stokers.
    Are those the procycle springs that are that much longer than stock?

Also please do post any and all info you possibly can on how you did your emulators. I'm going to do it next month and would appreciate the help. Thanks

Oh and I weigh 225 without gear. Are you heavier than me?
    littletommy and Big6Lug like this.
    Current bikes 2016 KTM 500 EXC, 2016 Yamaha TW 200

Did you see the post about the guy who was 585 lbs? TW's are very capable machine's if you ask me. I once hauled my fat sister up a hill on mine for a total combined weight of about 500 lbs and away we went, no hesitation and up the hill we went!!

(I can call her fat, only because she never checks the forum...haha...otherwise she'd pound me to pieces!!)

Thanks littletommy! Now I dont feel so bad!
    Dryden-Tdub, Tweaker and Big6Lug like this.
    LittleTommy Hidden Content

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepseadan View Post
    Are those the procycle springs that are that much longer than stock?

Also please do post any and all info you possibly can on how you did your emulators. I'm going to do it next month and would appreciate the help. Thanks

Oh and I weigh 225 without gear. Are you heavier than me?
    Yes, the springs from Procycle are full length like shown in the pic above, eliminating the 6" metal spacer used with the stock springs. They send a small plastic spacer with the new springs, but if you use the emulators, you don't use those little spacers.

I did mine last week, and it went smoother than I expected. I changed my seals and wipers too, since it seemed like a good time to so it. My bike is an '04 with 9100 miles. I haven't had a chance to do any testing yet since the forks are part of the 101 things I'm trying to get done before Moab, so the bike is still in pieces. Feel free to hit me up with any questions you may have.

p.s. At your weight, I would recommend the 20% stiffer springs.
    Big6Lug likes this.
    -LRPPCER aka. WA Larry...I Live For This

2004 TW200, 128 main jet, 2 washers on the needle, 2-3/8 turns, smoke Jimbo shield, Shinko 241 trials type front tire, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip, Cycle Pumps, Custom racks, GMAX GM11D helmet, Sena SMH10, Dowco Iron Rider tank bag, Garmin etrex 20 gps, Ram mount.

See my adventure blog at...Hidden Content

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponosred Links