TW with 50k miles pictures of head removed advice please - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: TW with 50k miles pictures of head removed advice please

Ken
    I didn't hit the 50,000 yet. I'm only at 42,300 and some change. I have rode mine mostly on the streets, though I have jumped some small hills, ran through mud and went on trails upon occasion. I have stock gearing on mine. I changed my oil basically like a car, about every 3,000 miles (street use). I think trail riding should be serviced by hours ridden, my opinion. I use Valvoline 20/50, I am in Texas where it is Hottttt, most of the time. I always add Marvel Mystery Oil in my gas, 1/2 oz per tank. We only have ethanol tainted fuel in our area. My average speeds were hit it a d get it, probably between 35-55 about 90% of the time. I would hold it wide open on short bursts on the freeway. The exception was about 100 miles nearly wide open one day with speeds between 60 and 65, 70 if drifting or down a hill.

I am running everything stock except for the Clarke tank and Oring chain. I have use only Yamaha motor oil. My interveral for changing the oil was is based off how the shifting feels. If the oil gets dirty the bike starts not wanting to find the gear easy under down shifting, change the oil and problem solved. I've spent just under $250 in oil over the past five years.

Quote Originally Posted by grewen View Post
    and what are your oil change intervals? what oil do you use to get 50,000 miles on this wee motor?
    Ken, upnovr and grewen like this.

More pictures of used parts opinions/suggestions appreciated. While awaiting part and time. Decided to clean the carburetor and starter motor. Has anyone used the $27 on eBay carb rebuild kit? How do the rubber parts look in the attached pictures? I priced all the rubber parts and jets, needles from where I've been buying my parts it's over $175.00. Recommendations? Also where I purchased the OEM replacement stator I got the three replacement bolts ( I had not done this the last time I had the stator out and also did not clean the threads very good on both the bolts and case side. When I opened it this time one of the bolts was backing out almost half way). The parts supply store must have an old parts diagram today I'm done cleaning it and go to the 2001 + supplemental manual shows washers. How important are these washers. Can I get some from a hardware store? What type of Loctite? What was that rubber glue like stuff on the surface of the rubber grommets, stair and pick up coil? Didn't seen anything in the manual about what was used. Can I just put some silicon on them? Thank you for the advise.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Found answer to what to use for the rubber grommets on the stator and pick up coil wires on here. Got the starter cleaned with new Float Valve and Seat.jpgJet.jpgMagneto 1.jpgMagneto Bolt Holes.jpg. Assembled the stator and pick up coil in the left side of case. Here are those pictures. Found the answer regarding the cheap eBay carb kit on here as well. Here are some pictures of what Ive been doing over the weekend. IMG_3051.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by msmiller View Post
    More pictures of used parts opinions/suggestions appreciated. While awaiting part and time. Decided to clean the carburetor and starter motor. Has anyone used the $27 on eBay carb rebuild kit? How do the rubber parts look in the attached pictures? I priced all the rubber parts and jets, needles from where I've been buying my parts it's over $175.00. Recommendations? Also where I purchased the OEM replacement stator I got the three replacement bolts ( I had not done this the last time I had the stator out and also did not clean the threads very good on both the bolts and case side. When I opened it this time one of the bolts was backing out almost half way). The parts supply store must have an old parts diagram today I'm done cleaning it and go to the 2001 + supplemental manual shows washers. How important are these washers. Can I get some from a hardware store? What type of Loctite? What was that rubber glue like stuff on the surface of the rubber grommets, stair and pick up coil? Didn't seen anything in the manual about what was used. Can I just put some silicon on them? Thank you for the advise.
    Last edited by msmiller; Today at 08:31 AM.

OMG, I WANT to clean that so bad... I personally find that most disturbing, but that's just me. That pic drives me nuts.

IMG_9309.JPG

And this didn't seem clean enough. Ugh.

( That is the valves and combustion chamber, etc.. )
    Last edited by Skin Walker; Yesterday at 08:21 PM.
    - SW

2006 TW
    1998 TW
    1996 TW
    1993 TW
    1985 BW200
    1987 B200E
    1979 Honda Z50
    ..and 1 Chihuahua

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponosred Links