Problems with Non use of a TW - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Problems with Non use of a TW

Quote Originally Posted by Mfrost View Post
    Changed brake fluid today. After 14 years setting it needed it. Also added a power outlet for slime air compressor and charger Attachment 96409. Backed the oil check plug and had ozzing oil at idle so good there. Checked on a Shinco 241 tire today. I am assuming that it is the 4.00 -18 size. Can get it for $55 here.. Modified my floor jack so I could lift the TW. Works good but still have to a couple more mods on it.
    Took it out for another trai ride today but this time I had 13 psi in the front and 16 in rear and it sure handled a lot better
    This is a great idea to modify a floor jack. I hope a lot of people see this because the ways of lifting a TW is a subject which comes up quite often. Very nice, thanks!

littletommy and Tweaker like this.

Call me cheap. All parts on hand and didn't need another lift to clutter up the shop. Will add a couple gussets on the stand post and a better way of securing bike.
    littletommy likes this.

Well I was told that the shop had changed the oil before i got it.. I put 50 miles on it and said what the heck so got some Yamalube and drained it. Glad I did because it had not been changed. Both screen had debri on them that I had to scrape off with my finger nail. The rubber gasket on the filter was stuck pretty good to the engine housing but removed it with no damage to plug back on to the filter. Put everything back together and added oil, removed oil test plug started engine and was thinking well where's the oil them it came. Next time I will leave a couple threads engaged when I do that. After cleaning up the mess and washing the engine I noticed the oil level at the low mark in the site glass. So back to the store for more oil.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
    admiral likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Put everything back together and added oil, removed oil test plug started engine and was thinking well where's the oil them it came. Next time I will leave a couple threads engaged when I do that.

or

Option A. Remove oil galley bolt and hold finger over the hole. Start engine, remove the finger. Just as the oil appears in the hole place finger back over the hole and shut off the engine. Won't be too messy since the oil pressure is low in a TW it won't gush or squirt out. Warning: Don't forget to replace the oil galley bolt like I did once and ruin an engine.

or

Option B. Hopefully the picture can tell the story. Once you start the engine wait for the oil to appear in the clear tube. After it does shut off the engine and wait for the oil to drain back in. Warning: Don't forget to replace the oil galley bolt like I did once and ruin an engine.

I got the clear tube from one of those self-brake bleeder valve kits. I hold the tube fitting into the hole and it doesn't leak any oil.

littletommy likes this.

Well I was told that the shop had changed the oil before i got it.. I put 50 miles on it and said what the heck so got some Yamalube and drained it. Glad I did because it had not been changed. Both screen had debri on them that I had to scrape off with my finger nail. The rubber gasket on the filter was stuck pretty good to the engine housing but removed it with no damage to plug back on to the filter. Put everything back together and added oil, removed oil test plug started engine and was thinking well where's the oil them it came. Next time I will leave a couple threads engaged when I do that. After cleaning up the mess and washing the engine I noticed the oil level at the low mark in the site glass. So back to the store for more oil.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
    "]Well I was told that the shop had changed the oil before i got it.. I put 50 miles on it and said what the heck so got some Yamalube and drained it. Glad I did because it had not been changed."

It is not like we have never heard this before, about a thousand times! My rule of thumb has always been "If you want it done right then just do it yourself" and any vehicle or engine I ever buy gets a full and complete inspection before I ever put it into service. After you put the fresh oil in it and clean the sight glass take note of how the oil color is see through and just looks like clean oil. When it gets much darker and you can no longer see through it then think about an upcoming oil change. Many here probably waste more oil by changing it far too often but the flip side of that is Oil is cheap and engines are very expensive.

GaryL
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

2006 TW200
    2006 XT225
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks
    1974 Boston Whaler Montauk
    1989 Lowe Lunker

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponosred Links