TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Ask and you shall receive!

2K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  GCFishguy 
#1 ·
Posted an ad in the provincial Facebook powersport buy and sell requesting a motor for learning purposes. Low and behold someone got back to me with this Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

Score!!

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah, paid $100 and I was just looking for any thumper motor to tear down so I can learn and take notes for when I tear down my main bike to find the source of my missing tooth. The frame is clean so that saves my $200 for an inspection, forks look in better shape same with the triples. Has the headlight mount if I want to go with it instead of my round conversion...I am very happy today. Will be stripping this baby within the next couple days. This will determine if I will be doing the ttr conversion or not.

#8 · (Edited)
the one off 1990 sea foam and grey. nice score, let alone $100.
that tank looks pristine, if you're not going to restore it to original, think of trying to sell it to someone that needs it, and get another tank to strip.
should be a great learning experience.

#13 ·
None, except they come from the factory adjusted lean and the front tire sucks.

Welcome to the forum!! :D

#18 ·
The head or the cylinder? Shoot some oil down the plug hole and let it sit for a while.My buddy and I once got an old tractor going that had been sitting for about 30 years in his field.It was seized too we pulled the head and beat on the pistons with a 2x4 and a hammer and lots of oil and it broke loose.A neighbor just happened to have a head gasket for it hanging in his barn.Don't give up just yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.