Start up *Help in Sacramento :( - Page 7
Close

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Start up *Help in Sacramento :(

I'd go pick it up and then look for a stator online. I wouldn't be so sure of their work and I sure wouldn't want to buy a $300 stator to find out if they were right. I'd buy an inexpensive stator from an online source. You could get the pulser coil to rule that out as well.

Update: I called Roseville Yamaha yesterday (Weds) morning and told them I was going to be there at around 3:30 yesterday afternoon to pick up my bike. I asked them to take off the spark plug cap and ignition coil they had installed b/c I already have a new one and didn't want to pay for theres. When I got to Roseville, the service guy was pretty adamant about me keeping it there since the new OEM stator had magically shipped from Japan the day before and should be here in a matter of days. I said I had already ordered stators off ebay since they told me they cancelled my order and just wanted to get my bike.
    Well of course my bike wasn't ready!! They said the carb was taken apart and it would be a few days until they get to it!! I said 'well that's why I called this morning to give you guys a heads up'. So I left there pretty PO'ed b/c I feel like they are holding my bike ransom. Like the stator is going to show up and they'll install it and I'll have to pay for it. I am not happy about this whole situation. I feel like I'm getting the run around or something.
    We called Roseville yesterday evening and reiterated that we would be there this Friday to pick up the bike. So we'll see what happens.

on another note, they said they tested the pulser coil and that it is good. So hopefully that's true.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I think you need a face to face sit down with the service manager at the dealers to work out what’s the best thing for both of you going forward.

Once you’ve explained your position, you’ll have them on the back foot, with every chance of a compromise

Sounds like the mechanic involved in this is snowed under with work, so you deal with the service manager, and the service manager can deal with the mechanic

Just don’t go in there “all guns blazing” – just patiently explain that you were acting on the information they supplied, and that you’re seeking to get this solved – not escalated

This puts the onus on the dealer – not on you

If it was me in that situation, (and maybe I’m crazy), I’d give them the ebay stator to fit and try it out – if it works, then they can return the part they ordered as it will still be squeaky clean. If that (ebay stator) doesn’t work, then they can try the one they got from Japan – if that doesn’t work either, you can call them idiots, and they can stick the stator they got on a shelf somewhere (having re-installed either your original or your ebay one)

It’s not an ideal situation – but it’s one you need to take control of with a degree of “calmness” – getting “agitated” at this point (as tempting as it is) will solve nothing

Meanwhile – you have a PM ………
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 5000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007

they arent happy about having ordered the part from japan because they have to pay a restocking fee to return it. We're supposed to pick up the bike tomorrow afternoon to take it to Jims for him to fix but I'm just at a loss. I just want my bike fixed right and i dont want to worry about it anymore. I dont want any BS or games or run around or a $1000 bill
    jtstdub likes this.

called roseville and made nice with one of the service guys. he said to go through him only so we can be on the same page about stuff. he said bring the ebay parts down when they come in and they'll install them and make sure the bike is running good when it leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldw777frog View Post
    called roseville and made nice with one of the service guys. he said to go through him only so we can be on the same page about stuff. he said bring the ebay parts down when they come in and they'll install them and make sure the bike is running good when it leaves.
    Ok, sounds like a start in the right direction...

Jim
    Hidden Content 2003 Tw200, 2014 BWS 150, 1969 VW Beetle Baja, 1972 Super Beetle and a 1987 Suzuki Samurai.

Bike is getting repaired with a new stator as we speak. So the 1994 with 1900 miles, new tires and bigger foot pegs is now for sale. Got myself a new bike with a 5 year warranty lol IMG_0631.JPG
    jtstdub, admiral, Fred and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldw777frog View Post
    Bike is getting repaired with a new stator as we speak. So the 1994 with 1900 miles, new tires and bigger foot pegs is now for sale. Got myself a new bike with a 5 year warranty lol IMG_0631.JPG
    A sad saga but for Laura I think a good move.

Jim
    Ldw777frog likes this.
    Hidden Content 2003 Tw200, 2014 BWS 150, 1969 VW Beetle Baja, 1972 Super Beetle and a 1987 Suzuki Samurai.

I copied this from the other post but.

Hey congrats on the new one! There's nothing like the smell of a brand new vechicle and you get to put the best miles on it. Happy motoring.
    Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper Bars one with risers, DG oval pipes. rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Aserbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, weld on foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Sponosred Links