• 1 Post By TopPredator
  • 3 Post By Fred
  • 4 Post By admiral
  • 2 Post By Ishmael77

Thread: Tool Kit question

Tool Kit question

Hi,

New to the group

I have a TW200 '99. I wanted to get the Tool kit. I found these on Partzilla

One for my year

2JX-28100-00-00 TOOL KIT

One For after '03
    5VC-28100-00-00 TOOL KIT

(I would send link but it wont allow)

I was wondering if any of you hardcore junkies might know what parts if any are really different. I know mine is drum brakes so it might be something assoc with that. My point being that the '03 kit is $25 cheaper and I was thinking I might just get that, but did not want to miss out on something unique to my year that I might need

Like i said this is only for the serious TW peeps

All the best

If anyone is interested just finished my blog that led me to get the TW200. a recent riding in Vietnam

Google below as it wont allow links

"Off he goes around the bend Darren "
    cowboyjeff likes this.

Interesting question, I had no idea there were different tool kits. I'm also in the market for a tool kit and help should come soon
    cowboyjeff likes this.
    Hello New Members. Hidden Content Please update in (Settings) (Edit Profile) (Location)where you are from. The best part of our Forum is meeting new members.

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.

Rick

It's funny this is the second tool kit question in a few days. I don't think there are any special tools in either kit that are different. Some guys make up their own kit because the stock kit is kinda cheesy. It works for most things and maybe for a few times. I would just get the cheap new one and then add good tools to that. I didn't do a search on "what tools do you carry" etc but there are some good tool threads. Mr. Gismo had an interesting set. A tool kit is kinda personal and depends on what type of riding and how far away from help you might go. It can be extensive or very basic like the stock kit. Here is the link to the other new thread.

Original OEM Tool Kit Photo
    Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper Bars one with risers, DG oval pipes. rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Aserbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, weld on foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Since PlacerLode says he removes the factory tool kits from the used bikes he re-sells perhaps he has some he could sell to us. I would be interested in one, for as elime says it is better to have cheap tools stolen off the bike than expensive ones.
    TopPredator, cowboyjeff and Ken like this.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    Neglected 2-Smoker Hanger Queens:
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Since PlacerLode says he removes the factory tool kits from the used bikes he re-sells perhaps he has some he could sell to us. I would be interested in one, for as elime says it is better to have cheap tools stolen off the bike than expensive ones.
    I have an incomplete set but I guess by the time it would take me to procure these tools I could buy a new set.

This is what I am missing to complete my MIA tools
    from the Black Widow. Of course not everyone has this cool wrench modification that Mr Gizmo made me last year. The Motion Pro tire iron fits in the wrench slots to give you leverage.

IMG_7370.JPG
    Hello New Members. Hidden Content Please update in (Settings) (Edit Profile) (Location)where you are from. The best part of our Forum is meeting new members.

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.

Rick

I use my tool kit wrench once in a while when I have to adjust my chain out on the trail or in camp when I'm too lazy to walk over to the trailer to retrieve my crescent-hammer from the toolbox. I like the smallness and out of the way storage location. Comes in handy from time-to-time. Just last week down in Moab I used it to re-adjust my chain which I had adjusted before leaving home. Only took a couple minutes and we were off again.

Thanks all. Excited about the group and future with the TW200
    Tweaker and Ken like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael77 View Post

I have a TW200 '99. I wanted to get the Tool kit. I found these on Partzilla

One for my year

2JX-28100-00-00 TOOL KIT

One For after '03
    5VC-28100-00-00 TOOL KIT

(I would send link but it wont allow)

I was wondering if any of you hardcore junkies might know what parts if any are really different. I know mine is drum brakes so it might be something assoc with that. My point being that the '03 kit is $25 cheaper and I was thinking I might just get that, but did not want to miss out on something unique to my year that I might need
    It doesn't look like you got an answer to your original question - Is there a difference between the 1999 tool kit and the 2003 and up tool kit?

Here is Tweaker's picture of a 2014 tool kit.

Does anybody have a picture of a pre-2000 tool kit?

My guess is that there is no difference.
    site:tw200forum.com

at Babbitts, the big bike/parts outfit, a tool kit for a 1998 model is about $58, 2JX-28100-00-00. A 2005 tool kit is about $28, 5VC-28100-00-00. no pictures, not sure of the difference
    2005 Tdub

Sponosred Links