TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Spark Quiz

Spark Plugs

30K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  naluboy 
#1 · (Edited)
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GiIVze2Tac&feature=related[/media]

Just wanted to see what our diverse group of folks are using.

What group do you fall into ?

We have The Stock Spark Plug Users

NGK DR8EA

Champion RA6HC

AC Delco S102F (Double Check)

Autolite 2796 (Double Check)

The Iridium Plug Users
( lots of folk report easier starting)

Denso IX24 &
IXU01-24

NGK DR8EIX & DR8EVX (correct me if I'm wrong)

Other Plug Types

Pulstar

Spark plug Product Auto part Automotive ignition part Automotive engine part

Brisk Performance Spark Plugs #1886yBR12ZC1886yz (Sold @ amazon.com)

Over on the Yamaha R1 forum they report that these plugs make their pipes run a lot hotter.. It was a tossup with people liking and dis-liking them

The E3 Spark Plug Users #E3.36 Link To Old Thread

I've heard that this plug runs hot for some. Others say the huge tip acts like a glow plug and caused detonation. And just a couple of others that had the tips break off and or melt.

I use them in my RV90 and all my two stoke equipment and am really pleased with them. I don't use them in the TW since they take a different size socket and I don't want to have to pack two spark plug wrenches.

The Spark Enhancers

IKAT Spark Enhancer Is now Booster Motorsports AKA ibooster

Fuel line Auto part Electrical supply

Pulstar DirectHits "ultra High-Power spark amplifier"

Material property Battery Technology

(Must be used with a non resistor plug like E3.36 Or NGK D8EA)

Product Claims

• Greater engine torque up to 9%
  • Greater horsepower up to 7%
  • Quicker throttle response
  • Better fuel economy up to 10%
  • Lower emissions across the board reductions
  • Smoother operation
  • Enhanced driving experience
  • Easier starting

Some folks have taken out the tiny resistor in the spark plug cap and replaced it with a bit of copper, brass or stainless.

Link To Every Thread Regarding Spark Plugs And Such (Past and present)

http://www.google.co...f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

Disclaimer::: Cross reference is provided as a convenience only. Due to differences in design and material, plugs produced by various manufacturers may not have exactly the same heat range nor firing point configuration. I recommend use of manufacturer search for a specific plug application before you buy.

See less See more
#11 ·
I think I fall into this category as well, I run the stick NGK plug.

I have played with engines a lot over the years and in my experience on an otherwise stock motor trying to update the ignition never really helps, just lightens the wallet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Edit: 07/28/2012

Updated a little and fixed question choices for Qwerty

#7 ·
I followed Babaganosh's lead when he presented the Ikat/Directhit. I put the Ikat on my Baja Bug and cold start issues with my choke-less duel ICT's went from annoying to a non-issue. Not only did the engine start instantly. Should I be so inclined, I could get that little 4 cylinder to idle smoothly down to 500 rpm and it would transition without hesitation. A hardy thumbs-up on this product.

Got the Direct-Hits for the TW. As my bike was pretty new every thing seemed ok. Like many of us I was a bit annoyed with the need to choke and warm-up when things got chilly. The Direct Hits seemed to help with this in the beginning. Now I am not sure it does anything, but then my bike has been modded so much it is hard to say what if anything is working less than 100%. Gerry

#8 ·
About time for a

Nose Snout Toad Amphibian Photo caption

#10 ·
Frankly not sure what came with the new 2014 tw....:cool: With still only 70 some miles on it, I have not even checked....but I did purchase 2 spares from Auto Zone and they come up with NGK D8EA....guess the less letters/numbers the better :eek:

#12 ·
#15 · (Edited)
Good info here, thank you. I got the plug because it was supposedly an improvement. I have no problems with the bike and it runs very very well. So, it might run even better with a NGK D8EA regular plug?? Comments anyone please?

NGK website says:
87-2000 NGK D8EA
2000-2010 NGK DR8EA

Mine is an 87.

#18 ·
I used to use those until I tried the other one. I have a couple around, might have to try the old style again to see if I can tell a difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.