Mud plugging
Close

Thread: Mud plugging

My TW, 3000 dry kms, just delivered to me plus a little workshop time......

My TW in what seemed like five minutes later.....

I've heard of the front mudguard height being a limiting factor and now I have experienced it.....jammed solid!!!

Roll on Spring!!!
    We're in 'Bat Country' now....

Mud Jam! I had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago. Decided to go out for a quick January ride. Ended up on some trails where the mud caked and baked, as I call it. What was suppose to be a two hour ride turned into six hours. Not only did mud pack under the front fender, stopping any forward progress, but it also jam packed in the rear swing arm area. I took off the front fender hoping this would help. Not so much! I had to stop about every 25 yards and spend a half hour digging out mud. Eventually, I found a "sand" trail, stuck to it until it reached a paved road. I drove right back to the truck. I try to wait for trails to dry out abit now.

Thanks for the reminder (of what I don't want to ride on)! ha ha

I've seen that with snow on an old pickup I once had when I lived in central Oregon. They would spread cinders (volcanic sand) on the road. I didn't think anything of the snow being in there, but with all of the cinders it was like very aggressive sand paper. When I arrived home, a brand new tire was showing the cords. I started paying close attention from then on when ever it snowed, but the condition never repeated itself.

All of that said, I must really be getting old, I don't like playing in the mud anymore.<G>

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Geezzzz, that is some serious MUD... Haven't done that in 30 years. A one hour ride takes 4, and the 'clean-up' takes another 2. I tried something like that in my VW when I was 20. Had to hike 5 miles and call a Friend at 3a.m.. Then walk another 2 miles to get a tow-rope. Met with my Buddy and got a ride back to the rig. He was able to pull me out in 30 minutes. My adventure partner and I then spent an hour ($5.00) at the 25 cent carwash (1968) and and tried to clean the car and hose ourselves down as well. Never made it to class that day.

Looks like some adventure. Where you able to stay upright the whole time?... I bet as well, you got undressed before you dared set foot in the house. Great picture, thanks. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Yes Gerry, the cleaning, it took a long time and trashed the drive!!!

Cleaning extreme mud is the one thing I don't like about trial riding, takes almost as long as the ride!!!

The snow is starting to thaw here so I might just work on the house and my van this week....but I'm itching to ride again.

You're right about the riding gear...straight in the wash.

I guess it's all part of the experience.
    We're in 'Bat Country' now....

Sponosred Links