Final Prep Big Bend NP, Texas
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Final Prep Big Bend NP, Texas

Final Prep Big Bend NP, Texas

Well with this on the ground March came in like a Lion. plenty of wind with a inch or two of snow....more for tomorrow:

Texas here we come 1 002.JPG

Montezuma Nick and I are pretty well packed up....we took the slide top{heavy as Hell} off his Ford P~U yesterday and I am packed 95%....tomorrow we load the TWs in the Truck and plan on heading out about Noon on Saturday.....my best guess is we will arrive at Big Bend, the eastern side on Monday Morning....

Texas here we come 1 001.JPG

While Nick and I will be riding TWs, I believe Borneo and Gary from Ft Wayne Harley/Polaris will be driving to Austin Thursday and meeting up with Jim{E~Flood}....Borneo and Gary will be riding Kawasaki KLR 650s....and I'm not sure which of his bikes Jim shipped down from Jersey{he can chime in on that if he hasn't left yet}...That 3some plans on riding down to the Del Rio/Laredo area and then west to BB and meeting up with us on Monday night or early Tuesday...we will likely ride for a week or so....I know Kurt and Jim need to be back in civilization sooner than Nick and Hoot....so we will see how our laundry, money, and nerves, hold out before heading back to Ohio.

So, anyway, once in Big Bend, where cell service sucks, I plan on being lost to the world unless there is an emergency....but plan on posting ride photos and stories when I return...on or about March 17th....right around Birthday #67 {16th}
    SanDue, admiral, TWilight and 7 others like this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Big Bend & Moab. TW version of March Madness! I'll miss sipping a brewski with you guys at the Blue Pig or whatever it was called. I will sulk and drink by myself!

Have fun on your trip.

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Big Bend & Moab. TW version of March Madness! I'll miss sipping a brewski with you guys at the Blue Pig or whatever it was called. I will sulk and drink by myself!

Have fun on your trip.
    Not to worry, with Mel, Fred, Mike, and a whole new group of "Misfits" you guys will be fine....like I told Mike, I plan on riding Moab again, but more than likely when it's a bit warmer....I'm thinking late Spring or early Fall in 2017
    admiral, TWilight, grewen and 1 others like this.

Hidden Content

March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
    I plan on riding Moab again, but more than likely when it's a bit warmer....I'm thinking late Spring or early Fall in 2017
    Us too. I have this preconceived notion it's going to be a goat screw with the 50th Jeep Safari right on our tails. Hope I'm wrong as I don't want to get in the way of the jeepers and give us TW riders a bad reputation. We really wanted to ride Moab in April this year, but a fall ride Moab version is beckoning as well.

Thanks Mike, Like I've Always tried to live....I don't want to go out with a whimper....I thank God for the opportunity to find this Web Group....look at what has happened to me in the past 27 months since I joined TW Forums:

(1) Joined in December 2013, bikeless, looking to get back into riding for the first time in over 25 years....and I was looking for a Dual Sport Bike, I didn't want a "Street Biker"

(2) March 2014....after 3 months of searching, I managed to make a deal with Honda East out of Maumee, Ohio {Toledo} on a new 2014....Montezuma and I took a Harley Trailer north 100 miles to pick it up in on March 19th....

(3) Gary L, who I only knew through the forum, sends me a "driver" package so I would not twist off my "Nuts" ....he did it out of the goodness of his heart without asking for anything in return

(4) Put apporx 600 miles on the TW the first year I owned it...getting back my "sea legs"

(5) Met Borneo on Jan 2nd 2015 in person, when we had decided to join the group at Moab...later than month, we talked Montezuma Nick into purchasing his new 2015 from Honda East...and we were ready to head west with Kurt's Nephew "Weasel" at the wheel...

(6) Rode Moab for 8 days.....and broke bread and beers with people I would have never me if not for this site

(7) Rode the Upper Great Lakes with Borneo and Nick for 8 days about 1500 miles

(8) Short Runs within 120 miles from home throughout the Summer of 2015, then in November Kurt, Nick, and Hoot, headed for SE Ohio and the Mountains of West Virginia and rode in near perfect weather for 4 days... nearly 5000 miles for the year 2015...

(9) Got gifts and won bets from some of the greatest folks around.....Thanks to Ohio State Football, Twilight paid off a bet in full and more at Moab, Dinner at the Blu Pig and beers to go with it....Devils Advocate sending me a $40 bottle of Drambuie with $10 shipping for a bet on a six pack of beer when OSU defeated Michigan....both bets payoffs above the call of duty....then there were these: Little Tommy sending me a Subway Chow card for Moab, for nothing more than me sending him a Vietnam Paracord Wrist Band....Padalin sending me a box of paracords to handout in Moab for me sending her a used up Ohio Vietnam Vet License Plate, expired. And then out of the blue, just because they are great people...Admiral dropping a set of Tusk Hand Mitts to keep my aging fingers warm, and last but not least, Mel, the Moab Camp Cook, last week sending out a set of spare tubes for the front and rear tires of the TW....and sent it expensive shipping so they would get here on time before the Texas Trip???

What a group!!!!

You guys are the best....and even though nobody has asked for anything in return, I will be looking for something special for each of your during the coming trips....

Thanks Once Again to You All.....
    TWilight, Mel, Purple and 7 others like this.

Hidden Content

Mel
    Hoot,
    I wish you guys have a great and safe trip South. I wish I could be there.
    Just a reminder: FRIENDS DON'T KEEP TRACK OR SCORE
    Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
    Not to worry, with Mel, Fred, Mike, and a whole new group of "Misfits" you guys will be fine....like I told Mike, I plan on riding Moab again, but more than likely when it's a bit warmer....I'm thinking late Spring or early Fall in 2017
    i'm with you on those dates Hoot for Moab 17. have a safe trip!
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Greg
    2014 TW200
    2016 bolt
    1981 honda ct110
    1973 honda ct90

Hoot, You and the boy's stay safe out there and take lot's of pictures. If you need anything or just want me to throw up some pictures on the forum for you just text them to me like you guys did last fall. Take care and give my best to the other yahoo's.

Tom
    Never, in the history of mankind, have lives, less lived, been so well chronicled.

Tom, I was thinking about you. We will pass through Dryden, TX. If it is even big enough to have a sign. Me and the other yahoos will get a pic in front of it.

The 2014 and 2015 of Hoot and Nick's Have Been Loaded Up and Straped Down....{almost} Ready to Roll

Texas here we come 1.pngTexas here we come 2.png

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links