Moab 2017 - Let's Get Organized! - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree1145Likes

Thread: Moab 2017 - Let's Get Organized!

I will come out to your camp and hang around, and can bring my dutch oven and cook for some folks.
    If some people prefer to eat in restaurants, my favorite is pasta jays, and for breakfast I like the love muffin.
    littletommy likes this.

Senior Member mountain redbelly's Avatar
    Burrr.... I thought their was some talk of moving it later in the spring or moving it to the fall. It was pretty cold last year, and I had a room.
    littletommy and BillPacific like this.
    "meet me in the creek"

For the record, this is 3 weeks later than this spring's ride.

The Annual Easter Jeep Safari in Moab starts the weekend before Easter and ends on Easter Sunday.

Easter 2015...April 5th (We were there approx. March 19-27, with really good weather and a couple cold nights)
    Easter 2016...March 27th (We were there approx. March 10-18, with good weather and many cold nights)
    Easter 2017...April 16th...if we keep the same trend of the week before the Jeeps, it would be March 30-April 7, the latest yet.
    Future Easter dates: Easter Dates In The Coming Years

For those wanting to do an Autumn 2016 gathering, I would recommend you go back to the Moab 2016! thread and continue posting plans there, as it is still 2016, still relevant, and still a sticky.

For those that think they will be a little chilly, maybe add some base layers to your Holiday wish list - Moab themed. p.s. this linked post includes my "best Moab set up" tips.

Also, for write-ups, pictures and videos of Moab this spring and my extra week in Utah, click: https://leisuretimelarry.wordpress.c...y/travel/utah/
    Last edited by lrppcer; 08-30-2016 at 09:17 PM.
    -LRPPCER aka. WA Larry...I Live For This

2004 TW200, 128 main jet, 2 washers on the needle, 2-3/8 turns, smoke Jimbo shield, Shinko 241 trials type front tire, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip, Cycle Pumps, Custom racks, GMAX GM11D helmet, Sena SMH10, Dowco Iron Rider tank bag, Garmin etrex 20 gps, Ram mount.

See my adventure blog at...Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I don't recall being frequently uncomfortably cold in 2016 and I camped out a total of 9 nights including detours on way there and back. Sure there were chilly moments but good clothing choices helped. Snow level in the nearby La Sal mountains was understandably lower ~March 15th, 2016 than ~March25th, 1015 so a few weeks later in 2017 might be just fine.
    Just come prepared. Polypropylene base layers, fleece, and layers both for on and off TW are good ideas. Fleece cap limit heat loss for us who are hair impaired. I wanted more than just mesh in 2015 so came with textile coat too in 2016.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content

As I said, I personally thought the weather was perfect this year - if anything sometimes a bit too warm with riding gear on during the day. It did get chilly at night. In my canvas-sided popup pickup camper I ran an electric heater at night (thanks, Archview, for the electricity). Next year will be three weeks later, so perhaps a bit warmer. If I dry camp I'll have an extra blanket, and run my propane furnace when I get up in the morning. I can't really use it for sleeping as it's too loud when it cuts on.

Weather wise I was never cold but sometimes too hot while riding. I wanted to wear my new protective gear and some days it was just too hot I had to peel everything off Most of the days I opened up the zipper vents and it was perfect for me. A few rain showers that I enjoyed but I did have the deluxe cabin and it was so comfy I was a bit spoiled lol. I'd prefer a little colder as opposed to hot in Moab all the locals warned about how unfun Moab is in the heat
    littletommy and ejfranz like this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie" - "TW-Palooza Moab 2017"

Hidden Content

Sure wish I could make it, alas I will still be in the work force. Maybe next year. Mike
    littletommy likes this.

Last edited by Rhodetrip; 08-31-2016 at 06:21 AM.
    "Cape Breton is lovely all times of year." - Justin Trudeau

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Spotwalla: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by PlacerLode View Post
    Weather wise I was never cold but sometimes too hot while riding. I wanted to wear my new protective gear and some days it was just too hot I had to peel everything off Most of the days I opened up the zipper vents and it was perfect for me. A few rain showers that I enjoyed but I did have the deluxe cabin and it was so comfy I was a bit spoiled lol. I'd prefer a little colder as opposed to hot in Moab all the locals warned about how unfun Moab is in the heat
    You are right about the heat, at the end of July and beginning of August it was 107 everyday for a couple of weeks.
    We went rafting and up to the San Juan mountains to escape the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by lrppcer View Post
    For the record, this is 3 weeks later than this spring's ride.

The Annual Easter Jeep Safari in Moab starts the weekend before Easter and ends on Easter Sunday.

Easter 2015...April 5th (We were there approx. March 19-27, with really good weather and a couple cold nights)
    Easter 2016...March 27th (We were there approx. March 10-18, with good weather and many cold nights)
    Easter 2017...April 16th...if we keep the same trend of the week before the Jeeps, it would be March 30-April 7, the latest yet.
    Future Easter dates: Easter Dates In The Coming Years

For those wanting to do an Autumn 2016 gathering, I would recommend you go back to the Moab 2016! thread and continue posting plans there, as it is still 2016, still relevant, and still a sticky.

For those that think they will be a little chilly, maybe add some base layers to your Holiday wish list - Moab themed. p.s. this linked post includes my "best Moab set up" tips.

Also, for write-ups, pictures and videos of Moab this spring and my extra week in Utah, click: https://leisuretimelarry.wordpress.c...y/travel/utah/
    Larry, I am going to have to spend some time going through your blog, good stuff.
    I don't know why you and everyone else take pictures that turn out so much better than mine.
    I see that you wanted to visit some slot canyons, the next time you come to Moab I can take you canyoneering. So much fun.

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links