Moab 2017 - Let's Get Organized! - Page 38
Close

Page 38 of 60 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Like Tree1615Likes

Thread: Moab 2017 - Let's Get Organized!

Randall, did you inquire about us dirtbags renting shower use at Archview? Was wondering if I could simply pre-pay for a weeks worth of showers. I plan to re-fuel the TW there on a daily basis anyways.
    plumbstraight likes this.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    Neglected 2-Smoker Hanger Queens:
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

Senior Member old w/2 many guns & bikes's Avatar
    I called the other day. Don't know about pre-pay. But $10 per shower - no time limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Randall, did you inquire about us dirtbags renting shower use at Archview? Was wondering if I could simply pre-pay for a weeks worth of showers. I plan to re-fuel the TW there on a daily basis anyways.
    With the way the weather has been, just keep a bar of soap handy, I am sure there is a waterfall we can get under. What a wet late winter it has been. Down to 3wks now, oh my!. I am looking into getting an enclosed trailer for the trip as lppcer has a good thing going. Would be nice to have one to keep my several bikes in year round. Seems my shop is getting small.
    littletommy, ejfranz and Tweaker like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Randall, what happened to your trailer? I thought you were going to rebuild it.
    2001 TW200, 2015 VStrom XT, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY
    2009 WR250r now with my son

When we get there you are welcome to use our outside shower on my trailer. I use my double ramp to block 2 sides and then have a curtain that goes across the back. This works well unless its very windy. I have a wooden slat floor and a plastic chair. I may request some water to refill the tanks and maybe rig some drainage away if it gets a lot of use.

ejfranz and littletommy like this.
    Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper Bars one with risers, DG oval pipes. rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Aserbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Quote Originally Posted by ejfranz View Post
    Randall, what happened to your trailer? I thought you were going to rebuild it.
    I am rebuilding one, it will take a while lol. Making a gypsy home takes some time. Maybe will have it together by next year. As it is I just picked up a cargo trailer. Will work well for me for a bit. Will be good to have it for bike storage as my shop will have some room. I hate working around them cutting and welding. Will be good to have them in a dry, heated place in the winter. Will have it in Moab for a place to sleep and cook plus carry the bikes and maybe a quad although I have yet to use a quad much down there. Just too much fun on the TW's.

At $10/shower Archview is looking less attractive.
    After we saw SanDue's fancy new TNT Cargo Trailer in Boonville I can see why Plumbstraight picked up one before Moab.
    However look how nice Island-In-The-Sky was yesterday. Nicely melted out, not too much snow in the La Sal Mtns in the background. Gonna be good. Isky.jpg
    littletommy, Rider21, Mel and 4 others like this.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

At $10/shower Archview is looking less attractive.
    Fred, and for the North Camp boondockers, and everyone else too,

Last year Wandering Larry turned us onto the facilities at Moab Valley RV Resort & Campground | Highway West Vacations, which is the just south of the HWY 128 interchange on HWY 191 as you are getting into Moab. They charged $6 for a shower. Their facilities are fantastic. Like a gym locker room, large and clean, with private stalls. We found forceful water pressure, no lack of hot water, no coins or tokens to deal with, and no time limit. Just park and pay at the office, then go walk in to the bath house.

They also are reasonable for other services. $15 for RV dump and Fresh water fill. They also have a large laundry facility.

You RV park or Cabin types may want to look into this park as an alternative Archview as it's closer to town but only 8 miles further down the road than Archview. Not that Archview is a bad park. I did take some showers at Archview last year too. Their facilities are also good. The northernmost Bath House has private bath rooms with a commode & sink, as well as the shower. They have a small laundry room in that same building.
    -LRPPCER aka. WA Larry...I Live For This

2004 TW200, 128 main jet, 2 washers on the needle, 2-3/8 turns, smoke Jimbo shield, Shinko 241 trials type front tire, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip, Cycle Pumps, Custom racks, GMAX GM11D helmet, Sena SMH10, Dowco Iron Rider tank bag, Garmin etrex 20 gps, Ram mount.

See my adventure blog at...Hidden Content

Thanks Larry, I'll smell better knowing this.

Note: If interested in prices and availability @ Moab Valley give them a call as their website only responds with info via e-mail after you go through a registration and data mining process which I greatly resent. Seems like the new business model is to collect and sell meta data from everyone possible.
    1773 U.S. 191 Moab, UT 84532
    LOCAL: 435-259-4469
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

I suppose we could always go to that Glampsite and use the Bidet for $100.
    littletommy likes this.

Page 38 of 60 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links