Moab 2017 - Let's Get Organized! - Page 40
Close

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree1221Likes

Thread: Moab 2017 - Let's Get Organized!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Thanks Larry, I'll smell better knowing this.

Note: If interested in prices and availability @ Moab Valley give them a call as their website only responds with info via e-mail after you go through a registration and data mining process which I greatly resent. Seems like the new business model is to collect and sell meta data from everyone possible.
    1773 U.S. 191 Moab, UT 84532
    LOCAL: 435-259-4469
    So true about the data re-sellers. Everyone is doing it, not only online but at regular brick and mortar stores too. Why the hell would they want to know my zip code, address, and phone number at the check out line when I'm paying cash? If you politely decline, they will skip the interrogation. Unless a company has a policy that specifically says they do not share info, then they most likely are. Buyer beware.
    littletommy likes this.
    2013 Yamaha TW200 (Current) - Shinko SR41, Enduro Mirrors, Seat Concepts Foam and Cover, Generic Handguards (GOOFIT) requiring 5+ hours of diddling to install......You've been warned.
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R (sold) Fun for a year, then mega garage DUST collector
    1985 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk (sold) FUN - but became a dust collector
    1984 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk (sold) Primary transportation for almost 5 years
    Various other 2 wheel rolling junk not worthy of mention....

MOAB 2017 Part 2 (The SEQUEL)

If people are going to do a MOAB 2017 part 2 (The sequel!!) in the Fall, I'm IN....

My plan to be there this month is kerplooey. I was going to drive out with the TW on the back of the SUV, and motel it all the way. But the time and expense prevent it.

So I am already in the process of selling my small camper ( I have 2 offers already), and I'm ordering a new small toy hauler camper with living quarters. I have almost all the details set, and should be putting the down payment for the new one in a week or two. Delivery end of April or early May. The options just like I want. Last camper for me.

I'll have a few opportunities to really break in the camper and travel this summer to Vermont, Maine, and New Brunswick, with the TW of course.

Looking forward to this fall, and the years following.
    2013 Yamaha TW200 (Current) - Shinko SR41, Enduro Mirrors, Seat Concepts Foam and Cover, Generic Handguards (GOOFIT) requiring 5+ hours of diddling to install......You've been warned.
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R (sold) Fun for a year, then mega garage DUST collector
    1985 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk (sold) FUN - but became a dust collector
    1984 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk (sold) Primary transportation for almost 5 years
    Various other 2 wheel rolling junk not worthy of mention....

If I get my leave of absences for next year my rubber arm could be twisted to go back.
    littletommy likes this.
    2001 TW200, 2015 VStrom XT, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY
    2009 WR250r now with my son

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member old w/2 many guns & bikes's Avatar
    I may be incorrect but I thought the talk of dates for the second Moab run was only a month or two out from the first run (making it April or May). Someone will chime in. I think Admiral spoke of going to both.
    littletommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCo View Post
    Mineral Bottom sounds good. I've always wanted to go up Onion Creek as well. It's off of the River Road, 128. I've been up the first part, but it goes on for a while. Sounds pretty easy other than having to cross the creek if there is water.

https://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=127
    Onion Creek is very easy with a lot of water crossings. Double them if you return the same route. Last year my wife and I rode up Onion Creek to the big valley, which I think technically is the end of the trail but not the road. I think you can make some big loop rides by continuing on through Onion Creek returning to 128 via Castle Creek or Castle valley (not sure of the exact name) or even over to Sand Flats road back into town (Moab).

Here is a video of the ride my wife and I did last year. Not sure if you went as far or farther than we did. It was a very relaxing and pretty ride. Oh, and wet too!

Quote Originally Posted by old w/2 many guns & bikes View Post
    I may be incorrect but I thought the talk of dates for the second Moab run was only a month or two out from the first run (making it April or May). Someone will chime in. I think Admiral spoke of going to both.

We are going back in the first week (ish) of May this year but not the fall. After this year the next time we go back to Moab, it will be a strong possibility it will be in the fall. (Fall 2018).

+1 for Onion Creek. Very easy. Very Pretty. Fun, not scary as long as the water is low.
    Admiral made a really fine video of Onion Creek. If you come with family send them there or follow you in a chase vehicle to play in the many creek crossings down low. Dog paradise. Good hiking of side canyons.
    Last edited by Fred; 03-10-2017 at 08:05 PM.
    littletommy and Tweaker like this.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    Neglected 2-Smoker Hanger Queens:
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    We are going back in the first week (ish) of May this year but not the fall. After this year the next time we go back to Moab, it will be a strong possibility it will be in the fall. (Fall 2018).
    If Hoot is still kicking, I will be there {Fall 2018} ...this fall it's Big Bend {late October/early November} ...but am more than willing to go in 2018 to Moab....anytime from late September to the early part of November in 2018
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

[QUOTE=admiral;531457]Onion Creek is very easy with a lot of water crossings. Double them if you return the same route. Last year my wife and I rode up Onion Creek to the big valley, which I think technically is the end of the trail but not the road. I think you can make some big loop rides by continuing on through Onion Creek returning to 128 via Castle Creek or Castle valley (not sure of the exact name) or even over to Sand Flats road back into town (Moab).

Here is a video of the ride my wife and I did last year. Not sure if you went as far or farther than we did. It was a very relaxing and pretty ride. Oh, and wet too!

Looks awesome, those creek crossings aren't bad at all. I always picture the ones like in the Colorado mountains with big rocks and deep water. Onion Creek is on my list of to do's.
    admiral and ejfranz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lrppcer View Post
    Dave, one of the reasons I like and recommend the gmax is that you can fine tune the fit by ordering different size headliner and cheek pads. When sizing a helmet, start with the headliner. It should be snug to not flop around on your head, but also not be so tight that it causes pain. The cheekpads should also be snug. Those get loosened up a little as you break it in. You may see if it breaks in or buy the next size up cheekpads for that helmet. I also recommend getting the double paned face shield as it much better at controlling fogging.

Same with the gloves, they will break in a little, not a lot, but some, so you'll have to make that call on an exchange. What do you think of those Masai gloves?
    Thanks Larry! I've now got the 10 mm cheek pads to replace the stock 15 mm ones and I think the helmet now fits nicely. Also ordered a double-pane face shield which I haven't installed but will bring. I like the Masai gloves - they seem to offer a little more protection than the Joe Rocket Velocity gloves I have. I'll bring both sets. See you there!

Dave
    littletommy and Tweaker like this.

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links