Moab 2017 - Let's Get Organized!
Close

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree1102Likes

Thread: Moab 2017 - Let's Get Organized!

Moab 2017 - Let's Get Organized!

Hi!

Seeing Admiral's report, pics and video of Moab 2016 has got me inspired to write this. We have to get Moab 2017 organized! As I recall, this year it took someone saying "I'm going, who's coming?" to get it going. I'm probably not suited to be the leader, but if a few of you would join me to say "We're going" that might get it started. And if no one else joins we'll have a great time ourselves!

I strongly favor the week before Jeep Safari again. That would mean that in 2017 we would go Mar 30 to Apr 7 -- weather perhaps a little bit warmer than this year, which would be perfect. I am the sort of guy who has to get things on the calendar, however, before other things fill in and I find myself unable to go.

I could do Archview or the dry camp, as long as we GO.

It doesn't sound like we would have TWilight to help organize or Mel to cook next year. I'd do some cooking, but I won't spend every day shopping and cooking instead of riding like Mel did. I'm also not really equipped to cook for large groups like Mel is, nor am I prepared to subsidize the meals as was done this year. A breakfast or a dinner for a dozen I could handle, quite possibly more if we share the work and the expenses.

Let's do this! Who wants to go?

Dave

LATER NOTE: MARCH 30 TO APRIL 7 ARE THE DATES! HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE! STAY TUNED TO THIS STATION!
    Last edited by GHDave; 09-20-2016 at 12:10 PM. Reason: ADDENDUM
    admiral, PlacerLode, Fred and 6 others like this.

I plan to go around the same time of year as 2016 that weather was perfect in my opinion

I love the Archview camp and might even get a cabin again but I can camp in my rig and will be happy either way

I might even join the "dry" camp which in 2017 will be known as the "Cool" camp lol

The only thing I really wish we had was a nightly campfire for the group but perhaps there are burn bans that prohibit that

I don't need food prepared for me although I enjoy Mel's diner and would participate (purchase) if someone wanted to do that again

It's just a short quick run into Moab proper and I like to visit the city once a day while I'm there

Hell we've already got the decals made we have to go lol

SAM_7087.JPG
    dette, Fred, littletommy and 5 others like this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie" - "TW-Palooza Moab 2017"

Hidden Content

Hmmm.....
    PlacerLode and littletommy like this.
    Yamaha - 1992 TW200
    BMW - 1995 R1100GS

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Aye Aye - Poison Spider & Golden Spike here I come! Well, maybe.. Right now The Admiral and I can't commit to anything other than we are interested, just not for a whole week like we have in the past. We would be at the dry/north/cool camp.

There haven't been any burn bans in the past.. At the dry/north/cool camp we had a camp fire almost every night! It was so big some folks driving by stopped and joined us. Too bad more of the Archview group didn't come on over and enjoy it with us more often.

I would do all our (The Admiral's and my) cooking as I have done in the past. Having someone do all the cooking for people is nice but not necessary. Trying to get back to camp when there is a set time to eat can be a bit constraining on those of us who end up riding until dark thirty. We could do a "pot luck" kinda thing a couple of nights.

There isn't any need for someone to micromanage the planning process either. Choose the dates and where the main meeting place will be and things can progress from there.
    Last edited by Mrs. Admiral; 08-29-2016 at 05:28 PM.

checking the Archview rates they are much higher (still a deal for such a great place) than I paid through TWilights / Purples rate deal in 2016 I wonder if they negotiated a group rate ?

Something we should look into for the gang in 2017
    littletommy likes this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie" - "TW-Palooza Moab 2017"

Hidden Content

Mel
    Placerlode.
    That was a very much a negotiated rate for the group last year.
    Mel
    littletommy and PlacerLode like this.

In The Sierras Test Riding New Fuel Additives for my Tortoise Wanderer
    While I partook of Mel's Diner previous years I did come prepared to be self-sufficient so packing food again is easy. And as Placerload points out restaurants abound in Moab, and Dry Camp's solo or impromtu group cook outs are easy. Shucks, I could grill up some lizards and snake, maybe set the snares for some of that famous Utah Jackalope. Hamburgers from store could be grilled w/o much effort. A disposable weber grill, bag of charcoal and folks can cook their own or host others to a treat. Dave could do a Dutch Oven creation one night....smores and polish sausages over the fire....we can make this work.237139_c6bacb4641592c32ed2df2463d3bdb1a_large-2.jpgPropossed dates sound good, before Jeepers pound dust into finer dust.
    Lights, Action, Traction....Let's Ride!
    2003 model year, jetted for mile high+ riding, Wiseco 68mm piston, Duro ATV rear tire, IRC GP-1 Trials front tire, XT-225 tank, Cyclerack, 2" handlebar risers, foot pegs, D-flex hand guards, right angle fuel filter, Seat Concepts kit over additional hi-density foam, fluorescent paint, Betty Boop stickers..and a lot of scratches!.

A "disposable" Weber grill??? Blasphemy!

Tom
    littletommy and Lomax like this.
    Never, in the history of mankind, have lives, less lived, been so well chronicled.

OK sounds good Moab 2017 MAXXOREGON
    littletommy likes this.

It Is Proclaimed! March 30 to April 7

OK, it's on my calendar! March 30 to April 7! (Coming earlier &/or staying later would not be a problem, obviously.) I think that this time I'll plan to be a dry camper, and we should try to make the dry camp the social center, unless there is substantial sentiment to make another deal with Archview.

I have a nice portable Weber Baby-Q that can come along, no need for anything "disposable". I can also get one of those Camp Chef freestanding stoves like Mel used this year. As of now the plan will be for everyone to bring their own food, but sharing encouraged.

This fall I'll make another roster, but this time everyone will have to PM me to be on it, though everyone will be able to read it online.

A cool thing, in my opinion, if anyone is willing to teach, would be a "seminar" or three about TW maintenance and repair. Hands and tools on, of course.

PlacerLode, cool decals!

What a great way this will be to say goodbye to winter!

Dave

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links