Boonville Ride proposal Brainstorming (NorCal Nut Jobs!) BOONVILLE RIDE IS ON! - Page 33
Close

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast
Like Tree1402Likes

Thread: Boonville Ride proposal Brainstorming (NorCal Nut Jobs!) BOONVILLE RIDE IS ON!

So no one has commented on the ride yet? A person could really come to love all those endless corners and 10 mph steep switchbacks on the Mountain View Road. With usually somewhere between 25 to 40 corners per mile we were constantly transitioning from one corner to the next. Delicious! I'll have to cook up a video of Friday's ride.
    Saturday's ride over the same road had a different flavor with all 14 of us strung out ready to do a little canyon dancing. Unfortunately once the heavy rain began the fun cut-n-thrust cornering became more of a focus on safety and survival. With the reduced visibility when we first encountered a herd of black angus my befuddled brain assembled the blurry images coming through the visor into " Look at the fat man walking a very ugly dog". Wrong. But we all made it back to camp without anyone going down in the rain.
    Thanks for the Frogg Tog endorsement Mike! Rider 21 also made my day by loaning me Tusk mitts to protect my simple winter gloves from a soaking. Great assemblage of Nutjobs! Thanks to all for a unique weekend.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    Neglected 2-Smoker Hanger Queens:
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

Can't give enough thanks to Mike and Karen for their efforts toward putting together a great weekend. I think everyone had a great time in spite of the less than perfect weather. Kudos also once again to Sue and Dan for providing us with some wonderful meals. You guys go above and beyond. I'll be attempting to download some phone and go-pro video but I find that stuff kind of challenging since me and computers don't get along very well.
    Beauty is as beauty does.
    If it works good, it's beautiful.

Even though I thought going to California was going to be wet, I didn't expect snow. On the way home it was 773 miles of rain and snow. Was lucky over the passes. It was snowing, but the roads were just wet with some minor slush. Woke this morning with 3 inches of snow on the ground here, still snowing Even so, was a fun time with great folks as always.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I'll just repeat what others have said: Great outing, nice to ride with other TW200 folks. Big Thanks to Mike and Karen and Dan and Sue. Hospitality was warm and friendly, meals were delicious, especially after Saturdays ride and visit to Anderson Valley Brewing Co. Also my thanks to Plumb Straight for my very own TW200 suspenders!

Thanks again to ALL for making a rainy Saturday and Sunday a very enjoyable adventure.

JoeDad aka Jack in Bonita

Senior Member old w/2 many guns & bikes's Avatar
    Yeah; Joedad's first post. Welcome to posting; even though you've been making rides for awhile. Now you have to admit to knowing/being relations with - other Joes.

Is that Bonita; as in near the border?
    littletommy, elime and mhomadness like this.

Welcome JoeJack!!
    elime, mhomadness and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    LittleTommy Hidden Content

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Yes, Bonita as in near the border. Perhaps 10 miles as the crow flies. Used to be able to brag about the sunny warm weather. This Winter has been WET (at least by San Diego County standards).

Only know one TW rider in my area.

Bonita Jack

The Admiral's are safely home.. Wilbur and Scoob have been unloaded and are in the garage thawing and The Admiral is on the couch napping.

I've never been to a lighthouse so Friday's ride was a pretty awesome and I also got to test my cornering skills for about 90 miles! I really thought I was on a corkscrew roller coaster ride. I'm not sure there was an actual straight stretch anywhere on that ride.

Even though Saturday's ride was rather wet, I'd say it was still a success. It's not about how far you ride or where you go, it's all about doing what you love with people you enjoy. The wet feet, cold butt and foggy helmet lens is what makes the adventure worth telling.

We had an absolutely great time and enjoyed chillin with the NorCal Nutjobs, thanks for letting us Idahoan's invade your neck of the woods. Thank you Mike for hosting it! We look forward to another trip down yonder......during the dry season!
    Last edited by Mrs. Admiral; 03-06-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Yea! Everyone is home safe. I still need a bit more road slush and ice removal before Mr.Gizmo gets wheeled inside.
    Many thanks to those who made this ride possible. That no one cancelled despite the weather is a testament to the fun we all have on these get togethers.

Brakes seem a little locked up for some reason.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fred; 03-06-2017 at 05:43 PM.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    Neglected 2-Smoker Hanger Queens:
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

I am a little north in Pensaquitos Jack. Sorry I missed this ride but not too much because of the weather. Shusss don't tell them it is really nice right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack in Bonita View Post
    Yes, Bonita as in near the border. Perhaps 10 miles as the crow flies. Used to be able to brag about the sunny warm weather. This Winter has been WET (at least by San Diego County standards).

Only know one TW rider in my area.

Bonita Jack
    Last edited by Tweaker; 03-07-2017 at 08:37 PM.
    mhomadness, littletommy and SanDue like this.
    Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper Bars one with risers, DG oval pipes. rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Aserbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, weld on foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Sponosred Links