Boonville Ride proposal Brainstorming (NorCal Nut Jobs!) BOONVILLE RIDE IS ON! - Page 34
Close

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast
Like Tree1403Likes

Thread: Boonville Ride proposal Brainstorming (NorCal Nut Jobs!) BOONVILLE RIDE IS ON!

Senior Member mountain redbelly's Avatar
    A lot of great accounts of the trip. I enjoyed hanging out with the group and riding, what a great group of riders. It all worked out well we all had more time to spend together which was good. I tried talking to the back of Randal's fat back t-dubb tire once on another trip and it bit me. T-dubbs only talk to you when you're the rider I guess. Mike&Karen and Patti&I shared my old dogs going pee all the time stories and Karen set us up with some doggy diapers to try on Archie. We were in Boonville till' around 11:00. In small towns like many small towns across america they sometimes serve hot meals at the back of the store. So we picked up some breakfast burritos like the ones Mel's diner wips up. While we were there we picked up some Roundman smoked salmon and some smoked sausages for later. We then drove across the road a bit to the farm that had the goats next door to the campgrounds. I found out the barn and that place next door is called Pennyroyal Farms they have goats and every goat has a name. These goats live the life of Luxury and "work" producing Cheese and Laychee 10 months a year. Laychee is a soft pillowy cheese. The Laychee littletommy, is so good I can eat it plain. I goes really well with smoked salmon and a glass of wine, or pot tomtom, or beer.
    Mel, mhomadness, admiral and 6 others like this.
    "meet me in the creek"

I love ride reports!! I love food reports too!! You can guess which I like most!! Glad you had a great time bro!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain redbelly View Post
    A lot of great accounts of the trip. I enjoyed hanging out with the group and riding, what a great group of riders. It all worked out well we all had more time to spend together which was good. I tried talking to the back of Randal's fat back t-dubb tire once on another trip and it bit me. T-dubbs only talk to you when you're the rider I guess. Mike&Karen and Patti&I shared my old dogs going pee all the time stories and Karen set us up with some doggy diapers to try on Archie. We were in Boonville till' around 11:00. In small towns like many small towns across america they sometimes serve hot meals at the back of the store. So we picked up some breakfast burritos like the ones Mel's diner wips up. While we were there we picked up some Roundman smoked salmon and some smoked sausages for later. We then drove across the road a bit to the farm that had the goats next door to the campgrounds. I found out the barn and that place next door is called Pennyroyal Farms they have goats and every goat has a name. These goats live the life of Luxury and "work" producing Cheese and Laychee 10 months a year. Laychee is a soft pillowy cheese. The Laychee littletommy, is so good I can eat it plain. I goes really well with smoked salmon and a glass of wine, or pot tomtom, or beer.
    LittleTommy Hidden Content

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Great time we had.

Thanks a ton mhomadness & Karen for hosting. Having toilets and showers was a big bonus so those without self-containment could perform functions without hiding behind sagebrush, tree or Dolly’s (camp host’s) RV!

Thanks to Karen and Sue for the grub. When cooking is done by someone else it allows me so much more time to sleep...and drink! We really appreciated all that!

Forum members I was so happy to finally meet: TW-Brian, Rider21, Joemama, Joeband, Joedad or Jack or Jack in Bonita,

...and great to see again those I have met: Fred (special thanks to he and Marisa for hosting us on the way down), evan, plumb & company, mhomadness, mountain redbelly & wife, San & Due, Mel (when we were at Freds).

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Here is the group picture of mhomadness' most excellent ride Badges. Dirts a Flyen SanDue
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow! Friday we be nonce pik'n the Boot to Briney Glimmer! Woo Hoo!

Translation: On Friday some early arrivals rode the route mhomadness recogmended to the coast and lighthouse.
    This video is a taste of the 30 miles of Mountain View Road from Boonville to the Coast. This is the same route we all took Saturday untill the rain became too much and we had to seek shelter in the Brewery.

I can see where I owe Lori an apology for getting inside of her line at ~44 second mark.
    Last edited by Fred; 03-07-2017 at 04:10 PM.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    Neglected 2-Smoker Hanger Queens:
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

Looks like a great gathering and riding. I like nice weather but sometimes you just have to live with it and ride.
    mhomadness, SanDue and littletommy like this.

Admiral posted better videos already but here are a few more clips of the run from the Point Arena Lighthouse north up the coast to Elk, then inland again through redwood forests and wineries back to Boonville. The steep tight descent into the creek bottom and then climb out were really thrilling. All these roads are the sort that would make you car sick in your father's Oldsmobile but are totally a twisty delight on a TW. I think I like that my camera angle picks up a bit of the dashboard and bars, helps define the experience.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

That is some great video Fred! m.

Senior Member old w/2 many guns & bikes's Avatar
    Wow; I should have left Thursday morning and come down for the Friday ride, instead of unpacking.

I think Mel would have loved that ride. He told me that his wrists can't handle the off-road stuff anymore.
    Sounds like a road ride somewhere in the Southern California area is in order.

I tried to temp Mel to come along, even offered him a spare TW. However he had responsibilities calling and no more free time to come play with us NutJobs. Would have been a good Mel Ride though.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Sponosred Links