Boonville Ride proposal Brainstorming (NorCal Nut Jobs!) BOONVILLE RIDE IS ON!
Close

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree1402Likes

Thread: Boonville Ride proposal Brainstorming (NorCal Nut Jobs!) BOONVILLE RIDE IS ON!

Boonville Ride proposal Brainstorming (NorCal Nut Jobs!) BOONVILLE RIDE IS ON!

For quite some time I thought it might be fun to do a ride here in the Boonville / Anderson Valley area. But one thing was troubling me, and that was the idea that I could not find enough challenging trails and features to make it an enjoyable ride. A couple months back SanDue visited the "House of Madness" and brought their bikes. So we struck out & I showed them 'round the Boont region. We had a fun ride! This led to discussion & ideas for a group ride. Dan's suggestion of camping at the local brewery is brilliant!

The Anderson Valley Brewing co. has a great camping area. I will find out more details about it to post up. It's location is ideal, as it is a very quick putt to downtown Boonville for food, fuel, etc. It's also very easy to find. Boonville is about 2 to 2.5 hours away for you Bay Area riders, about 1.5 hours for Jomama, I think SanDue is 4.5 hours away? And not too far for Fred to go! Mr. Gizmo it would take you I think 3 hours. All other riders welcome too! Please come & ride with the NorCal Nut Jobs & earn that special badge!

In Sandue's post (Valley of Fire State Park) I made a post where I said that we could ride over the mountain to Ukiah & ride the Mendocino Nat'nl Forest, but upon reflection I'd like to retract that. We can do the MNF latter. The ride around the Boont would be more like a tour. To quote myself: "A ride around here will be more of a tour, with beautiful scenery, nice roads, coast & beaches, and more."

A good deal of the tour would be spent on paved roads, but at comfortable speeds of max 45mph. Like I said, more of a tour. What I must do in the next few weeks is take some pictures & hash out some details so all have a better idea of what to expect. But think easy riding, beautiful scenery, good beer & wine, good food, good fun! m.
    Last edited by goldenhtr; 02-09-2017 at 02:46 PM.

Touring historic Booneville and Anderson Valley sounds just fine. bville.jpg
    Good food, good drinks and good company....who could say no?boonville-ca-buckhorn-saloon-0911-x.jpg
    Besides camping where you have to take the bears by the horns might be an adventure. Anderson-Valley-Fall-Hornin-690x685.jpg
    I'm a good 4.5 hours away but if we can ride to Elk on the coast and back along the Navaro River it will be memorable.Anderson-Valley-Wine-Map.mediumthumb.jpg
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    Neglected 2-Smoker Hanger Queens:
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

When are you proposing this ride? My bike currently is dry docked, but the Admiral assures me he can have it ready in no time at and we could sail that direction of timing is right.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Admiral View Post
    When are you proposing this ride? My bike currently is dry docked, but the Admiral assures me he can have it ready in no time at and we could sail that direction of timing is right.
    Plenty of time to set a date. I think best sometime after Moab ride, as the weather would be better, & give a better window of opportunity for more to attend. No date is set as of yet. It would be fantastic for the Admiral's to join us!

How would sometime in May work for everyone? April is open too, please anyone throw some dates around these months out there! May would have much nicer weather. m.
    SanDue, littletommy and Rockit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Touring historic Booneville and Anderson Valley sounds just fine.
    Good food, good drinks and good company....who could say no? I'm a good 4.5 hours away but if we can ride to Elk on the coast and back along the Navaro River it will be memorable.Anderson-Valley-Wine-Map.mediumthumb.jpg
    You bet Fred! We can take a slight detour up to a ranch I know along the way to Elk. That would make for a fun ride! m.
    SanDue, littletommy and Fred like this.

May for the admirals is out, as we are going to Moab with our Canadian friends. April could work depending on dates. June July August are good. we would love to attend and hope whatever date you choose will work out for us

boy diggity that sounds fun... april or may sounds best for me. a chance to show off my fancy new powerplant.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Be sure to brush up on the local language....you don't want to sound like a tourist in Boontville...

Now this is what I have been waiting for. A Mendocino ride.
    SanDue, littletommy and mhomadness like this.

EWB
    In In and In!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    littletommy, mhomadness and SanDue like this.

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links