QUARTZSITE, AZ January 2017 - Page 8
Close

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: QUARTZSITE, AZ January 2017

As Kofa mentioned about looking at the tricked out trucks for the 425 race in Parker. I actually went to the race.

the first trucks and Jeeps left at 6 am, with the top dogs leaving at 1:30 in the afternoon. Top speed down the center of town was 108 mph. We were at the braking point where they turned out into the desert. One lap was 140 miles. A few of them had helicopters telling of any upcoming problems. I watched the race for 8 hours at three different locations around Parker.

Then during the week putting around Quartzsite on the TW as my leg is still sore from my Mobil dismount from the previous weekend.
    littletommy and Mel like this.

Well it is just me now, Kofa headed home tues the 28th of Feb.

There is another guy in town that has a TW, I have known him for years but he only rides it or his gulf cart errands in town.

I am approaching 14,000 miles on my 2009 TW with 13,900 miles on it. I ride it almost every day unless my wife is going then I take the Jeep Wrangler.

been to many activities the last few weeks between Yuma and Lake Havasu with my home in Quartzsite. Many people come during the RV show and leave but there are still things going on down.

Went to the 150 year old celebration at High Jolly Cemetary. There was a 2 hour walking tour with people dressed in attire for those years telling history. I didn't go on the tour as my feet were hurting from not having the correct shoes for staying on all those small rocks.

There was a motorcyle show, but by the time I got there they had all headed home.

The weather was bad so I missed the Pyro convention in Havasu, and the Mega Geocaching event in Yuma. Usually not to thrilled on the geocaching, as the only time we have gone we had to carry lawn chairs over half a mile, and I got stuck with both of them.

The swap meet vendors are almost gone, but I visit the grocery surplus tent once a week to see if they have any new goodies I can munch on.

i need to try to post some pictures now Kofa is gone. I'm not too into that like he was. Although we have now signed up for unlimited data I would have to keep an.eye on usage.
    Mel and littletommy like this.

Good Morning,
    It was great getting to meet you in Quartzsite. I look forward to next year.
    Mel
    littletommy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I really enjoyed all these Quartzite stories and hope to get out there someday. And being the last one sounds cool to me.
    Yeah, you have to post some pictures now that the crowds have gone.
    littletommy likes this.

Hey Randy. Here are some pictures from one of our last rides. Out in the wash where the Indians made there bowls in the rocks. And the small cave we think was their oven. As well as the markings on the rocks. Thanks for showing me all these places.

It was nice meeting everyone.

I hope we do it again next year. If we get a tw group together, I've got a property near town and the group would be welcome to post up/camp there, and be closer instead of being so far out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kofa; 03-05-2017 at 07:02 PM.
    littletommy, Mel, Tweaker and 1 others like this.

We are in Wellton, AZ (east of Yuma), I could meet up with some TW'ERS, if you don't mind a XT250.
    littletommy likes this.

I went back down to quartzsite again for a week to finilize some unfinished Bussiness. Randy, again had ideas for some fun in the dessert. I couldn't say no to this!
    littletommy and Dryden-Tdub like this.

There definitely was some firepower

All sounds like fun. Heard a lot of good things about the big sandy shoot. Went thru quartzite last november, scouting it out, but didn't make it back for the season. This next year, look forward to riding with ya'll!
    littletommy likes this.

I have been wanting to go to this shoot since I found it 3 years ago, but I usually would end up going to fish and games open house at the Ben Avery Facility north of Phoenix.

This year I had it figured to go to big sandy shoot sleep in jeep and the Ben Avery on Sunday.

Eric shows up on Friday, and I asked what are you doing sat. He asked what I had in mind as his shoulder was hurting and couldn't ride the TW.

I told him off the shoot and he said he was in.

i tell you the people that only hang out a short time here miss out on a lot of activities.

Quartzsite is a central location to 4 major towns and cities with a layer back easy going time with in driving to major activities.

This shoot was awesome. 1/4 mile fire line. A booth every 10 feet. Machine guns in every booth. Eric in the above post shows a bowling ball launcher. The ball gets so small that it looks like s speck.

I think the neatness thing was when they launched an r/c plane and everyone yelled plane, and the hunt was on. Shooters would stop what they were doing and man their guns. Literly thousands of shots including tracers were fired.
    The most passes to hit it was 3 1/2, but sometimes it would not even make one pass.

If you like guns, something different, and would like to seem something you ca see look up the Big Sandy Machine Gun Shoot in Arizona.
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Sponosred Links