Help me find some new kicks for the wifey - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Help me find some new kicks for the wifey

Fred, your legs have gotten so shapely looking!! Va Va Voom...

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I have same style as the lady, brown, waterproof w/ three buckles Attachment 79417
    LittleTommy Hidden Content

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

I'm a little bit offended...that is not how you sit on a bike. lol

I wear Columbia hikers....for my riding style/ability/budget they serve me fine. As more of an explorer then stunt person I'd go with the adventure boot.
    JerseyJeeper and Fred like this.
    My T-Dub! Hidden Content

I've been searching for good boots ever since buying my TW. Tall boots are a challenge for me due to calf size - even the Forma didn't fit. So I've been looking at the short stuff. Found some "O'Neal MX shorty Boot 2". A men's 7 fit well enough, though I think I could fit an 8 with an arch support insert. These boots are solid, very hard, and would provide excellent foot and ankle armor. I've got the knee armor with shin guards, so hope these will work well enough.

Just out of curiosity, I ordered "Icon Raiden Treadwell Boots". With the option of a zip entry on the back, I hope they fit because they'd provide a little more shin protection.

The last boot I've considered recently - and may order after seeing more reviews - is the "Firstgear Kathmandu Lo WP Boots". They are not as stiff as the other two boots, but might be a better compromise between protection and off-bike comfort.
    Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2011 Genuine Scooter Co Blur 220i - 1996 & 1999 Yamaha TW200
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

With shin/knee guards those Kathmandu's look good with greater flexibility for calf and ankle protection.
    littletommy likes this.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    Neglected 2-Smoker Hanger Queens:
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

If you want lots of hugs and kisses for Valentines Day you can't go wrong with Italian leather. Gaerne and Forma both make excellent pliable and comfortable non-MX boots right out of the box. Look at their Adventure and Oiled Boot lines. My Forma Adventure boots are among the most comfortable shoes I own.

Here are some booted babes looking happy with their Forma Adventure high models. They are also available in a shorter height....yes , both babes and boots can be shorter.Attachment 78745Attachment 78753Attachment 78761
    +1 on the Forma Adventure boots. They are awesome. All day comfortable. Now they make them in a lower cut model for something like $240.

My wife and daughter did not want real riding boots, and they don't do any real difficult off-road riding. I got them both a pair of black 8" Timberland work boots. They love 'em.

One can shop around for good deals. I paid $191 delivered to my door. Deals can be found like this for tall in brown: Forma ADVENTURE motorcycle boots, *Slight water damage
    For the low height there are also deals also around $190 from American vendors:
    Forma Boots Adventure Low
    JerseyJeeper and Ken like this.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    Neglected 2-Smoker Hanger Queens:
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

One can shop around for good deals. I paid $191 delivered to my door. Deals can be found like this for tall in brown: Forma ADVENTURE motorcycle boots, *Slight water damage

Thanks Fred! I just ordered a tall pair in 14. I'll use these off-pavement on the sand and gravel raids and the others on-asphalt.
    Last edited by JerseyJeeper; 02-16-2017 at 02:58 PM.
    XT225 Serow... ON THE WAY TO ME NOW!!!! Yay
    TW200Z - 2010
    BW200 - 1986
    TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 - 2017

Recently picked up a pair of Daytona Lady Star GoreTex boots, thanks to @rhodetrip's suggestion. Buy direct from Germany without worries- arrived quicker than some domestic shipping (4 days!), no import fees/etc, and much cheaper for same item. Have tried several other premium boots, no luck, finally found the ones! Wife loves them, comfortable to walk in and built very well. Lifetime warranty on that GoreTex is a beautiful thing, too!
    Tweaker likes this.

Fred, got those Adventure boots today from your link, new in original box, no water damage or nothing! Thanks for the link!
    Tweaker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yahodahan View Post
    Recently picked up a pair of Daytona Lady Star GoreTex boots, thanks to @rhodetrip's suggestion. Buy direct from Germany without worries- arrived quicker than some domestic shipping (4 days!), no import fees/etc, and much cheaper for same item. Have tried several other premium boots, no luck, finally found the ones! Wife loves them, comfortable to walk in and built very well. Lifetime warranty on that GoreTex is a beautiful thing, too!
    I have been wearing Daytona Lady Pilot GTX boots for three years now when I street ride. I love them, they are quality boots.
    yahodahan likes this.
    Currently enjoying a great mix...
    2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100, 2013 Yamaha TW-200 & 2014 Yamaha V-Star 950 TourerHidden Content

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponosred Links