The Admiral's Boonville Adventure
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: The Admiral's Boonville Adventure

The Admiral's Boonville Adventure

By now you know why we got together. Like others, I didn't take many pictures and hopefully, none are incriminating for anyone! Now I'll tell my side of the story without too much lying!

Dry Day = Day 1 early arrivals

Wet Day = Day 2 We got wet

Even Wetter Day = Day 3 We quit and went home without riding

The Dry Day. A 90 mile ride on the TW's for the early arrivals

Fred gets the directions for the coast from mhomadness. I'm suspicious if we were meant to return for dinner later in the evening!

We talk it over and decide this was not mhomadesses fault and ride on. Besides, it's not raining!

We ride out to Point Arena Lighthouse.

The Lighthouse

Water on the shore by the lighthouse

We, and by we I mean Fred and Rider21, that we had enough extra fuel for mountain redbelly if he ran out so we could ride up to Elk and then back to Boonville. I pretended to not hear what they were talking about. Apparently, mountain redbelly believed them so off we rode and got to see more pretty water and rocks, by the cliffy shore place.

And then we went back to camp

End of Dry Day

Boonville Ride Day 2 The Wet One

Fairly accurate TW depiction for today's ride!

While we were still sleeping, some people from dryer less rainy places showed up to ride with us. Jomama, Joeband, Joedad, TW-Brian, Evan

After me and Mrs. Admiral woke up we discovered some other people were getting ready to go. SanDue's

We had high hopes and great attitudes that we'd get to ride.

Unfortunately, it was raining harder and harder the closer we got to the coast so we turned around and headed back to camp. As you read in earlier reports, some rescuing had to be done over at the brewery. I played it safe and stayed at camp. I will admit I did drink about 3/4 of the stuff that was brought by that one person...it was good!

The next day we broke camp and headed back home. As luck would have it, we traded rain for snow and sometimes the going was oh so slow.

I said this in the main Boonville thread but will repeat it here:

Great time we had.

Thanks a ton mhomadness & Karen for hosting. Having toilets and showers was a big bonus so those without self-containment could perform functions without hiding behind sagebrush, tree or Dolly’s (camp host’s) RV!

Thanks to Karen and Sue for the grub. When cooking is done by someone else it allows me so much more time to sleep...and drink! We really appreciated all that!

Forum members I was so happy to finally meet: TW-Brian, Rider21, Joemama, Joeband, Joedad or Jack or Jack in Bonita,

...and great to see again those I have met: Fred (special thanks to he and Marisa for hosting us on the way down), evan, plumb & company, mhomadness, mountain redbelly & wife, San & Due, Mel (when we were at Freds).

Well said Admiral! Great folks. Fun enough company to almost forget that there was was a lot of water on that bridge. I may be just a backdated chuck but I know water should be under bridges, not on top.
    We never got around to opening an excellent bottle of wine Mel sent down with me, I got distracted by Joemama's home made applejack moonshine in those classic mason jars. Were there three of them jars or was I just seeing things after a few sips?
    Wine will go to Moab where there is more refined T-Dubbery capable of appreciating Mel's vinicultural wisdom.

Really outstanding videos!
    Last edited by Fred; 03-07-2017 at 04:49 PM.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    Neglected 2-Smoker Hanger Queens:
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Fantastic video footage Admiral!

For those of you who did not attend this ride but would like to enjoy a "Virtual Reality" experience, please watch the video of day two while pouring a large glass of cold water down the front of your pants!

Thanks to a generous fellow who brought some special antifreeze, little pain was felt or remembered.

Mr & Mrs Admiral came a very long way to attend this ride. I'm extremely glad they were able to get a look at the coast while the coast was clear. m.
    Fred, SanDue, littletommy and 9 others like this.

Senior Member old w/2 many guns & bikes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mhomadness View Post
    For those of you who did not attend this ride but would like to enjoy a "Virtual Reality" experience, please watch the video of day two while pouring a large glass of cold water down the front of your pants!
    Been there done that. Late '70s/early '80s riding from Mira Mesa to Rainbow for a combat pistol match wearing a one piece riding suit on a small dual sport. Started raining, and the further I got the worse it got. Most of the way there when I turned around and went home. Was freezing (my knees WERE knocking against the motor) and I could actually feel the stream of water coming in at my neck and flowing all the way down and coming out at my ankles.

Great video's and pics, Chris. So nice to finally meet you and Lori.
    Beauty is as beauty does.
    If it works good, it's beautiful.

Thanks for the report. That looked like a beautiful place to ride with some nice twisty roads.

Quote Originally Posted by mountain yawp View Post
    Thanks for the report. That looked like a beautiful place to ride with some nice twisty roads.
    This was the most amount of pavement miles I have ever put on the TW. The twisty mountain roads were a blast, even at my slow pace. No need to go fast if I'm still having fun right?

Both the Mountain View road from Boonville to Point Arena or the road which leads to it, and the mountain road (I don't know the name) which went from Elk back to Boonville were oh so much fun.

Except for my gloves, (hands), I actually stayed dry on the rain ride. (Thank you Mrs. Admiral for buying the good rain gear)! Thee only problem I had on the rain day which made it not fun, was my faceshield and glasses fogging up. I think this was a problem for almost everyone.

I would go back here to ride again it was that good. The group made it that much better. It was sad to see it raining when we woke up on day 3.

You might have said already, but we're you running an ATV rear tire or stock, and how did the ATV do if that is the case?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links