Revisiting Moab 2015.... 2 years ago today
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Revisiting Moab 2015.... 2 years ago today

Revisiting Moab 2015.... 2 years ago today

Not wanting to Hi~Jack the Moab 2017 thread....I begin a look back at my photo journal from the 2015 trip....

Borneo, Weasel, Montezuma, and Hoot, heading out of Rural Auburn, Indiana, early in the morning of March 20th...a bit of snow followed us south until we reached I-70 and once past Indy, we stopped for fuel and Coffee....and to drain the fluids

3/20/2015

Moab 2015 First Report 002.JPGMoab 2015 First Report 001 (1).JPG

We would arrive at the KOA south of Moab the next day March 21st....

that coming up next {tomorrow}
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Going to be out and about most of the day tomorrow...so will post this tonight:

March 21, 2015....

After staying the night in far western Kansas, we got out of the motel on I-70 and rolled across Colorado and into Utah...with Reservations in hand we pulled into the KOA mid afternoon...set up the cabin, got the TWs out and rolled into Moab City...by this time Paul {Zider/Reddog, etc} had already set up in the cabin next to us....it was Saturday Night, we were all gassed by not so much as we couldn't enjoy the night life in the Tourist City....

Moab 2015 First Report 005.JPGMoab 2015 First Report 019.JPGMoab 2015 First Report 017.JPG

We grabbed a good night's sleep in the Cabin, despite the snoring and farting that was going on throughout the night...I was glad I took the main bed, while Nick, Borneo, and the Weasel had the bunks......

Upnext, we hook up with the gang at the North Camp for some Sunday Sand....

Resize 003a.jpgresize 015a.jpg
    Last edited by Hoot Gibson; 03-20-2017 at 05:44 PM.

Hidden Content

March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary

In The Sierras Test Riding New Fuel Additives for my Tortoise Wanderer
    Nice memories Hoot, keep 'em coming. Showing the camaraderie of meeting and riding with other TW nuts is a great thing.
    Who knows maybe the idea of group rides just might become contagious to more forum members.
    While Moab is kind of far for most of the country, and Califorina has it's NutJob Group Rides, & TW-Brian's Wrench-n-Rides, etc. wouldn't more of these things be popular elsewhere?
    Lights, Action, Traction....Let's Ride!
    2003 model year, jetted for mile high+ riding, Wiseco 68mm piston, Duro ATV rear tire, IRC GP-1 Trials front tire, XT-225 tank, Cyclerack, 2" handlebar risers, foot pegs, D-flex hand guards, right angle fuel filter, Seat Concepts kit over additional hi-density foam, fluorescent paint, Betty Boop stickers..and a lot of scratches!.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Nice memories Hoot, keep 'em coming. Showing the camaraderie of meeting and riding with other TW nuts is a great thing.
    Who knows maybe the idea of group rides just might become contagious to more forum members.
    While Moab is kind of far for most of the country, and Califorina has it's NutJob Group Rides, & TW-Brian's Wrench-n-Rides, etc. wouldn't more of these things be popular elsewhere?
    Makes a person want to relocate to the middle of the country. Being out in the NW corner sure makes it an effort, but well worth it.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    Makes a person want to relocate to the middle of the country. Being out in the NW corner sure makes it an effort, but well worth it.
    1600 miles away and across the Rockies makes it tough, but it was, and will be again, worth it!

Hidden Content

Moab 2015 First Report 066.JPGMarch 22, 2015.... Hooking up with the North Camp Gang. The KOA 5 {never sure if Fred was the 6th, he came and went so damn often} along with Ebbanflood Jim and his gang who would arrive at KOA later ...made our way to the North Camp to meet with those folks we had talked to posted back and forth with for a year, but never met it person, to see just what they were like....in Retrospect, 30 people from various parts of the country, with different points of view and riding skills got along pretty damn fine, it's a shame that the knuckleheads running around this country can't do the same these days:

Moab 2015 First Report 011.JPGMoab 2015 First Report 068.JPGresize 68.jpgMoab North Camp Sketch.png
    Last edited by Hoot Gibson; 03-22-2017 at 07:38 AM.
    admiral and Purple like this.

Hidden Content

2 years ago today @ Moab, we were really starting to get into the action...It was a Monday, and the area had cleared up of "tourists" and students...and the KOA Gang hooked up with Fred and some other North Camp "Misfits" for a ride up the Potash to the "Island in the Sky" at Canyonlands {correct me if I'm wrong Fred, I was to busy riding to figure out the real or correct nicknames on all of these}

The ride, which was going to be a challenge for me having not done this type of riding in nearly 40 years, but was willing to make a try to the TOP...one of the New York Boys rides crapped out{it wasn't a TW} but for the most part we made it up the long haul...and the TW never missed a beat...I was happy as Hell at the top and celebrated thus:
    Resize Island.jpgresize 040.jpgresize 37.jpg

This was my first "Hard Core" ride in nearly 40 years since my MotorX Days of the early to Mid 70s...and to date remains my favorite ride since I got the TW

Moab 2015 First Report 041.JPG

Once Done we took the paved road back and that afternoon we would all gather at the Blue Hog{Pigg} for a gathering, beers, and a great meal...photos coming up next:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Purple and littletommy like this.

Hidden Content

After we conquered the Potash all the way to the top, with Fred taking photos of a Couple of 'Asses' along the way....{Fred will have to supply those, but they did come out well}

Riding Potash Resized TW on Island.jpgPotash Road Resized.jpg

The conquering heroes and the rest of the gang gathered at the "Blu Pig" where Twilight Mike owed me a full meal for a bet we made on the Ohio State National Championship win over Oregon...so I drank and ate to heart's content, while Borneo and Mel handed out "Participation Trophies"

Blu Pig Meal Resized.jpgBorneo and Mel Resized.jpgBlu Pig.jpg
    Purple, littletommy and admiral like this.

Hidden Content

In The Sierras Test Riding New Fuel Additives for my Tortoise Wanderer
    There was a group of Desert Bighorn ewes, a.k.a. Desert Big Buts that took their sweet time getting off the trail ahead of me thus allowing a few asinine wildlife pictures. I tried to get them to stick around and wink at Hoot but they beat feet over the ridge before the rest of the group arrived.Bighorn buts.JPG
    Lights, Action, Traction....Let's Ride!
    2003 model year, jetted for mile high+ riding, Wiseco 68mm piston, Duro ATV rear tire, IRC GP-1 Trials front tire, XT-225 tank, Cyclerack, 2" handlebar risers, foot pegs, D-flex hand guards, right angle fuel filter, Seat Concepts kit over additional hi-density foam, fluorescent paint, Betty Boop stickers..and a lot of scratches!.

March 24, 2015.....

This Day would see Hoot, Borneo, and Fred head up Kane Creek Canyon Road....Hoot Fell and Fred's Betty took a Dump...but it was still a pretty sweet, scary at times{to me anyway} ride

Moab 2015 First Report 058.JPGMoab 2015 First Report 060 (1).JPGMoab 2015 First Report 062.JPGMoab 2015 First Report 065.JPG

By the time we returned, Fred worked on Betty and Hoot had to do some serious Beer Drinking.....

Moab Hoot Sand Red Sketch (1).JPG
    Last edited by Hoot Gibson; Today at 07:02 AM.
    Purple and littletommy like this.

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links