Bikes & Breakfast in Palisades, NY Every 1st Sunday of the Month
Close

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By stagewex
  • 1 Post By grewen

Thread: Bikes & Breakfast in Palisades, NY Every 1st Sunday of the Month

Bikes & Breakfast in Palisades, NY Every 1st Sunday of the Month

Not really adventure riding but a nice quickie organized get together every first Sunday of the month. At "The Market" right on Rt. 9W in Palisades NY which is basically on the NJ-NY border. Its a 25 mile ride for me and across the Hudson River but a constant changing of bikes as folks coming and going. Always something interesting to see and jabber about.
    If you live in Jersey or NY in the Bergen/Rockland/Orange County area this is in your backyard. Not a lot of advertising about it, you just have to know. A good jumping-off location to points north and excellent food and coffee. Check it out as the next one is Sunday, May 7th. Bikes as well as a whole lot of bicyclists start showing up at 9:00am but a continuing roll-in and roll-out almost to noon. By that time folks have either gone home or headed out for a days riding.
    Any and all bikes are welcome. Very informal.

This building has been here for many, many years. It was one of the last Indian Dealers to close in the USA in the '50's. There had been a giant neon Indian sign on top of the abandoned building since I was a kid. Always wondered what happened to it. Can only imagine what that must be worth nowadays in the post "Pickers" era that we live in.
    IMG_8789.JPG

I rode my '69 Beemer. The guys I meet were running rockets. Yamaha FZ9.
    IMG_8808.JPG

And a special edition Ducati from the '90's. I kept up with them on a secondary street ride after we left. But barely. They were being kind and I was probably keeping them safe.
    IMG_8786.JPG

Ohhhh, I'd love to have this bike.
    IMG_8796.JPG

Dale, the organizer of this event, his latest acquisition. Kenny Roberts edition all stock except for the tiny custom exhaust. So, so sweet. What a sound when he kicks it over!
    IMG_8793.JPG

Nice pics bro!! I want your Beemer!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by stagewex View Post
    Not really adventure riding but a nice quickie organized get together every first Sunday of the month. At "The Market" right on Rt. 9W in Palisades NY which is basically on the NJ-NY border. Its a 25 mile ride for me and across the Hudson River but a constant changing of bikes as folks coming and going. Always something interesting to see and jabber about.
    If you live in Jersey or NY in the Bergen/Rockland/Orange County area this is in your backyard. Not a lot of advertising about it, you just have to know. A good jumping-off location to points north and excellent food and coffee. Check it out as the next one is Sunday, May 7th. Bikes as well as a whole lot of bicyclists start showing up at 9:00am but a continuing roll-in and roll-out almost to noon. By that time folks have either gone home or headed out for a days riding.
    Any and all bikes are welcome. Very informal.

This building has been here for many, many years. It was one of the last Indian Dealers to close in the USA in the '50's. There had been a giant neon Indian sign on top of the abandoned building since I was a kid. Always wondered what happened to it. Can only imagine what that must be worth nowadays in the post "Pickers" era that we live in.
    IMG_8789.JPG

I rode my '69 Beemer. The guys I meet were running rockets. Yamaha FZ9.
    IMG_8808.JPG

And a special edition Ducati from the '90's. I kept up with them on a secondary street ride after we left. But barely. They were being kind and I was probably keeping them safe.
    IMG_8786.JPG

Ohhhh, I'd love to have this bike.
    IMG_8796.JPG

Dale, the organizer of this event, his latest acquisition. Kenny Roberts edition all stock except for the tiny custom exhaust. So, so sweet. What a sound when he kicks it over!
    IMG_8793.JPG
    LittleTommy Hidden Content

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

what a great event, thanks for showing us
    littletommy likes this.
    Greg
    2014 TW200
    2016 bolt
    1981 honda ct110
    1973 honda ct90

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Wonder how far away it is from Germantown? I'll be up there visiting my Father in Law this summer.

Sponosred Links