White Rim Trail - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: White Rim Trail

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Even though we mostly rode at a leisurely pace, I still feel like we were rushed, not by anyone just time, and missed a bunch. Having ridden it once now, if there was a next time, I would make it an overnight adventure and take my time.

It was a lot more crowded by bicyclists, much more riders out there than I would have thought. From my perspective, almost everyone was friendly and either smiled, waved back, or said "hi" when I rode SLOWLY by them.

I'm glad I didn't have to experience the baby powder dust towards the beginning of our ride. Those ruts were pretty bad as is and to add the powder dust would have made that section horrible.

Very nice ride and very nice pictures Fred.
    I agree...next time out to Moab, I plan on taking my time, following nobody and taking a shitload of photos...
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

In the beginning... Fred with his usual position at Moab!

This one just happened to be at the top of Mineral Bottom Switchbacks where Fred discovered his valve cover leaking. Someone had some RTV Sealant for the quick roadside repair so Fred could continue. He found his valve cover rubber o-ring when he got back to camp. (Note to self: don't adjust valves on the eve of a big ride under the influence of pain killers!)

With our permits in hand or should I say on phone, we sneak across the border.

Wonderful views and this was just the beginning. Colorado River. (Correction as Fred Mentioned - Green River not Colorado) Thanks Fred!
    Last edited by admiral; 04-10-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Kris, not that it matters but isn’t the last photo not of the Colorado but of the Green River near Potato Bottom?

Day before the White Rim Ride I elected to take it real easy with my damaged paw so I only rode out to Arches to view the somewhat less swollen dinosaur footprints. Backing my bike out of a parking spot I tripped and Betty landed right on the injured foot pinning my paw between landscape and fork. The resultant pain was significantly worse than the original injury so once back at camp I broke down and took hydrocodone to man-up enough to go out for Plumbstraight’s birthday diner. Somewhere dazed in the arms of Morpheus I decided I needed to adjust my valves and get everything ready for the next day’s big ride. Big mistake, somehow the exhaust cover o-ring didn’t make it back into the re-assembly. Lesson learned: opiates and mechanics are a poor mix. Subsequent rides had me very weak on the right side which affected ability to properly weight the right foot peg. I am still recovering.

Toes don't look to good this morning.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    Neglected 2-Smoker Hanger Queens:
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Kris, not that it matters but isn’t the last photo not of the Colorado but of the Green River near Potato Bottom?

Toes don't look to good this morning.
    Thanks for the correction Fred, I adjusted my post to reflect the correct river.

Your foot will take a while to heal. While not as bad, my elbow is still tender from day 2 launch pad disaster. We don't refresh as quickly as we once did!

Wait till you get Hoot's Age

Took me 4 or 5 months to heal the stretched tendon in my arm and at least that to get my right ankle back to "normal" after Moab 2015....healing, especially among us Old Farts...does take awhile
    littletommy and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Senior Member old w/2 many guns & bikes's Avatar
    So, Fred; in your parking lot fall/foot pin; were you wearing your adventure boots or the softer ones I loaned you that you could get your swollen foot into?
    littletommy likes this.

Joe, thank you so much for the loan of the boots since my foot initially was too swollen and painful to cram back into the Formas.
    I wore your boots once and scuffed them up a bit. That was incredibly generous to loan your nice brand new SWAT boots. PM me your address so I can send them back, or happily send you $ for a new pair should you want to start fresh and skuff-free.

I am both amazed and ashamed at the degree of wear I caused on a simple 20 mile ride out Willow Springs Road to Arches National Park and back...Good boots, but a bad road.
    Foot is getting X-rayed later today.
    Last edited by Fred; 04-11-2017 at 10:58 AM.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

Old boots. I've been retired 10 years. PM'ing address. Don't know if your mangled foot added any noxious fumes to them; but if they did, I'll just have to live with it. Can't use Odor Eaters for fear that when I put my feet in - I'll disappear

Minimal outgassing and exsanguination occurred, no need for level one hazmat containment. Thanks Joe, we should have gone for one more ride together.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

Word from the podiatrist?
    littletommy likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links