White Rim Trail - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: White Rim Trail

4 x-rays today, all parts where they should be, prognosis good.
    Pain causing inflammation can be lessened by laser therapy, underwater ultrasonics, or home remedy of several daily bouts of 3 minute hot soaks followed by 5 minute ice soaks repeated three times. So I asked the doc I just could toss my ultrasonic parts cleaner in the bathtub with me. I got the 3-hot, 5-cold soak recipe instead.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    Neglected 2-Smoker Hanger Queens:
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Pain causing inflammation can be lessened by laser therapy, underwater ultrasonics, or home remedy of several daily bouts of 3 minute hot soaks followed by 5 minute ice soaks repeated three times. So I asked the doc I just could toss my ultrasonic parts cleaner in the bathtub with me. I got the 3-hot, 5-cold soak recipe instead.
    When I broke my foot on a similar rock strike, all I got was a wooden shoe. I like Billpacific's therapy. If you drink you can feel it healing. Of course the healing stops when you sober up

Just glad some swelling and some color is the worst of it. Hope you are back on your feet feeling spry soon.
    littletommy, mhomadness and Purple like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Joe, thank you so much for the loan of the boots since my foot initially was too swollen and painful to cram back into the Formas.
    I wore your boots once and scuffed them up a bit. That was incredibly generous to loan your nice brand new SWAT boots. PM me your address so I can send them back, or happily send you $ for a new pair should you want to start fresh and skuff-free.

I am both amazed and ashamed at the degree of wear I caused on a simple 20 mile ride out Willow Springs Road to Arches National Park and back...Good boots, but a bad road.
    Foot is getting X-rayed later today.
    When my foot looked like yours,The three center bones in the top of the foot was broken.
    littletommy and admiral like this.

Ouch!
    The loaned SWAT boots shown above I wore after the injury because the side zipper permitted painless insertion of the swollen foot. Forma Adventure boots were sidelined while Betty Boop got her frame welded and my foot got iced down. Broken sub-frame got a jury rig of 6 hose clamps to bind remnants in their approximate OEM configuration, just enough to survive the White Rim Trail ride.
    mhomadness likes this.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

I’ve complained a bit about how the masses of outdoor adventure types who have discovered MOAB have changed the nature of the region as administrators respond to the need to corral neophytes and irresponsible folks with literally hundreds of new signs, barriers and cableways since last year. Some places have so many “No Motorized Vehicles” , barriers and boulder rows that any semblance of a wild experience is a joke. Place is evolving into a safe managed Disneyland type theme park where any one with no experience can rent outrageous motorized equipment and have a safe rental motorized adventure despite lack of any off road skills and etiquette. Fortunately the White Rim Trail still retains some sense of discovery and isolation so that the visitor can get a feeling of being someplace special.
    However here is one important sign I saw up at the Visitor’s Center that caught my eye after the nice ranger lady issued me my special use permit:

Signs like this demonstrate how the Parks have to accommodate visitors from many different cultures while coaxing them to do things the american way. I understand, just lament the impact of so many people.
    jtstdub, Mel, admiral and 5 others like this.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

I’ve complained a bit about how the masses of outdoor adventure types who have discovered MOAB have changed the nature of the region as administrators respond to the need to corral neophytes and irresponsible folks with literally hundreds of new signs, barriers and cableways since last year. Some places have so many “No Motorized Vehicles” , barriers and boulder rows that any semblance of a wild experience is a joke. Place is evolving into a safe managed Disneyland type theme park where any one with no experience can rent outrageous motorized equipment and have a safe rental motorized adventure despite lack of any off road skills and etiquette. Fortunately the White Rim Trail still retains some sense of discovery and isolation so that the visitor can get a feeling of being someplace special.
    However here is one important sign I saw up at the Visitor’s Center that caught my eye after the nice ranger lady issued me my special use permit:

Signs like this demonstrate how the Parks have to accommodate visitors from many different cultures while coaxing them to do things the american way. I understand, just lament the impact of so many people.
    They should just post a restroom attendant at all the White Rim Trail Toilets! Jack.gif
    mhomadness and ejfranz like this.

i'm sure you have noticed Kris, that it isn't just the outhouses on the white rim. i have found it is all was a surprize each time one must visit an out house
    admiral likes this.
    2014 tw
    2016 bolt
    1981 honda ct110
    1973 honda ct90

Quote Originally Posted by grewen View Post
    i'm sure you have noticed Kris, that it isn't just the outhouses on the white rim. i have found it is all was a surprize each time one must visit an out house
    I suppose we have to get used to multi-visual languages even if it's against our will!

mhomadness and grewen like this.

Maybe next year they will install more confusing politically correct signs down in the canyon outhouses.Transgender-Restrooms-406x320.jpg
    admiral, RockyTFS, RallyX and 1 others like this.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponosred Links