Moab 2017-Admiral's Views - Page 9
Close

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree583Likes

Thread: Moab 2017-Admiral's Views

Great Photos and Stuff Admiral
    admiral, Tweaker, Fred and 2 others like this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

A moment to say thank you to Admiral for all of the wonderful stories, pictures and video's. Anybody who has pieced together a video of a long ride and condensed it down to an entertaining few minutes know's just how much time it takes. As someone who briefly envisioned himself as the next Admiral or Fred I had great intentions of sharing dozens of quality ride video's with this forum. The reality however is very different. It takes hours and hours of time to download, edit and then upload videos in order to share them and I just rarely have that kind of time. So another heartfelt thank you to all of you who do take the time to share your experiences with us.

Tom
    Never, in the history of mankind, have lives, less lived, been so well chronicled.

Right you are Tom! I think the Admiral has created the most entertaing posts that one could ever imagine. Still, there are other great story tellers out there. Personally I am waiting for the snow to melt in British Columbia so as to hear more of the further adventures of WrenchPuller and Denise, as well as our other Canadian contributors.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    Neglected 2-Smoker Hanger Queens:
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Right you are Tom! I think the Admiral has created the most entertaing posts that one could ever imagine. Still, there are other great story tellers out there. Personally I am waiting for the snow to melt in British Columbia so as to hear more of the further adventures of WrenchPuller and Denise, as well as our other Canadian contributors.

You are so right Fred about all the great storytellers in photo, video, and written. There were so many cameras, video & still, going at Moab but we've only seen a small snippet of them. Come on folks, if you went to Moab post your photo's and videos. Please!
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    A moment to say thank you to Admiral for all of the wonderful stories, pictures and video's. Anybody who has pieced together a video of a long ride and condensed it down to an entertaining few minutes know's just how much time it takes. As someone who briefly envisioned himself as the next Admiral or Fred I had great intentions of sharing dozens of quality ride video's with this forum. The reality however is very different. It takes hours and hours of time to download, edit and then upload videos in order to share them and I just rarely have that kind of time. So another heartfelt thank you to all of you who do take the time to share your experiences with us.

Tom
    Thanks, Tom. I've learned that in order to keep a viewers attention the videos, in general, shouldn't be much longer than 5 minutes. Funny thing with youtube though is a person can speed it up by x2 and watch it twice as fast if they don't have the time or patience. Myself, I don't mind a longer video but short ones are good too. I'll have to figure out how much raw video I take for a 3-5 minute youtube video.

Anyway, I sure appreciate the comments.

I hope a bunch of you get some good video and pictures of the Dual-Sport ride back there Top Pred has you all going on. It sounds pretty doggone fun!

Take care.
    Mel, Dryden-Tdub, Purple and 2 others like this.

Since I was out of town when you guys were here I really appreciate the great videos and pics.
    It looks like you folks had a great time. I've been so busy that I haven't even had much of a chance to keep up with the forum.
    So thanks for the time and effort you've put into your posts.
    jtomelliott49 and Tweaker like this.

I continue only 2 days of rides to post.

Day 6 - Dry Fork Bull Canyon, Bull Canyon, and Little Canyon. Well, that's the plan anyway.

Today I'm going to make it an "Easy Trail Day" (or so I thought) and ride with Eric.

Before we leave for the ride, I spend some time advising, ok I just watched, these Mad Scientists try to extract some DNA from a TW front fork to see which TW it came from.

First time riding the Dry Fork Bull Canyon trail not far from Gemini Bridges. This is an in & out trail. The beginning of the trail is real close to the Bull Canyon Trail which is marked but this one is not and is a little hard to spot. You'll ride in some sand which wasn't too deep the day I rode it and it gets a little rockier the further you ride. Nice and green in the spring. Enjoy.

Not knowing the exact location of the entrance to the DFBC we rode past but still got some good views of what I think is Day Canyon down below

Pretty cool views once inside the canyon

Ever had that feeling your being watched

Don't walk back in there I think I saw Butch Cassidy and his gang holed up back there. They might shoot you.

Another scary tree. It would feel spooky riding here in the dark on Halloween night

Eric and his TW stopping for a brief "Union Break".

As I mentioned, it got a little rougher the further back in we went

On to Bull Canyon. I've ridden in Bull Canyon a few times but never off the main trail. Today I decided to explore the mine across the canyon. Getting there and riding around the mine is a bit dangerous so be careful!!

I didn't take many pictures here and the video will show it the best.

Even though I'm not excited to go into the mineshafts, they are cool to find.

After a narrow washed out trail coming down from the mine, I was pretty happy to see Eric waiting for me and off the roughest stuff. Remember, this is supposed to be an easier riding day...right!

Little Canyon. A DNF (did not finish). My riding eyes were a little bigger than my riding stomach eyes. I thought this would be a quick jaunt from Bull Canyon to Gold Bar Rim Canyon via this part of the trail Little Canyon. Unfortunately, I had to be back at camp earlier than normal so I could celebrate Randall's (plumbstraight) Birthday. We probably made it most of the way before turning around but we found the trail a bit harder and slower than we wanted.

Only after doing some research did I find this trail. Just like Dry Fork Bull Canyon, prior to this year I didn't even know this trail was here passing by the entrance many times without noticing it.

Got a bit more technical than we wanted and we turned around not too long after this little beauty of a step. We were kind of worried on the return at some of these places but for some reason riding up them was no problem at all.

To be continued
    Mel, Tweaker, Fred and 5 others like this.

Day 6 continued.

Made it back to camp with enough time to make it to Plumbstraights Birthday at the Blue Pig Bar & Grill in Moab.

I didn't hear the words Plumb whispered into the hostess's ear but she day "that's disgusting". I think she made a special effort to make sure Randall got the full Blue Pig Birthday treatment. We all got a laugh including Randall. Pretty sure the hostess got him back!

Happy Birthday, Randall. I'm glad my birthday is in December that's for sure!
    Fred, Mel, Tweaker and 4 others like this.

Senior Member old w/2 many guns & bikes's Avatar
    So Kris; having had time to reflect: If you could skip the damaged ankle, after dark with no headlight, and lack of water - which ride do you think you would be easier to do again with a group of four to six:

16 to 1 trail here in Idaho - or - Gold Bar Rim/Golden Spike/Poison Spider at Moab?
    admiral likes this.

A: 16:1 is more dangerous because of the sidehill exposure.

B: Gold Bar Rim/Golden Spike/Poison Spider is a little harder.

With a group of 4-6 I pick B.

I think one of the things I struggled with on Gold Bar Rim/Golden Spike/Poison Spider is I was fatigued by some hard long riding days prior too. I would still have had trouble in a couple of the spots (Waterfall, Silver Crack) but my muscles were already hurting and these obstacles made it feel much worse than what it was. I did have a ton of fun on the Poison Spider Loop you and Don Skipped. This loop was actually the easiest part of the ride. Now, descending down P.S. to the trailhead...the pain to my muskules returned!
    ejfranz and simbaboy like this.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Sponosred Links