• 2 Post By White elephant
  • 5 Post By ronnydog
  • 2 Post By White elephant
  • 2 Post By ronnydog
  • 1 Post By Tweaker
  • 1 Post By White elephant

Thread: Guadalupe canyon winter 2018

Guadalupe canyon winter 2018

Anyone interested in a winter trip to Guadalupe canyon this winter. There are cool pools up the canyon and hot springs down in the campo. Been wanting to escape the Idaho cold down there for years. Been to Baja a couple of times in the past but haven't made it to Guadalupe yet. Could trailer some TWs to Southern CA cross over, take a tour or the brewery in Tecate and head down to Guadalupe. What do you think?
    Ken and littletommy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by White elephant View Post
    Anyone interested in a winter trip to Guadalupe canyon this winter. There are cool pools up the canyon and hot springs down in the campo. Been wanting to escape the Idaho cold down there for years. Been to Baja a couple of times in the past but haven't made it to Guadalupe yet. Could trailer some TWs to Southern CA cross over, take a tour or the brewery in Tecate and head down to Guadalupe. What do you think?
    I am in been there many times the first time I was there in 1969 .I was there two years ago had a great time at the campground superclean lots of places to ride can be somewhat Sandy though.IMG_0421.JPG
    Last edited by ronnydog; 04-18-2017 at 10:20 PM.
    Tweaker, Ken, littletommy and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnydog View Post
    I am in been there many times the first time I was there in 1969 .I was there two years ago had a great time at the campground superclean lots of places to ride can be somewhat Sandy though.IMG_0421.JPG
    Where did you cross the border? I have crossed at TJ and at Mexicali is there a better crossing point?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

We will want to cross the border Tecate then take the toll road to La Rumarosa then down the grade into the dry lake bed, turn right and on our way to the canyon!

ronnydog

I have been there too quite a while ago. This would be fun my step brother has a place on Mother Grundy Truck Trail in Jamul not far from Tecate we could stage there. Or start in Anza Borrego at Agua Caliente hot Springs and make it a hot springs tour.
    littletommy likes this.
    Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper Bars one with risers, DG oval pipes. rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Aserbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, weld on foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweaker View Post
    I have been there too quite a while ago. This would be fun my step brother has a place on Mother Grundy Truck Trail in Jamul not far from Tecate we could stage there. Or start in Anza Borrego at Agua Caliente hot Springs and make it a hot springs tour.
    Might be better to truck all the bikes into camp safely and then right out of there.

If I come down from Idaho alone will be carrying the bike on the back of my Van. If any others come down with me will probably bring a trailer. I like tweakers idea of touring springs. Wouldn't mind a little fishing in San Phillipe or puertocito.
    littletommy likes this.

Sponosred Links