Moab Easy Riders - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Moab Easy Riders

Tweaker's signature says they ride "twin 2014 TWs made side by side on the assembly line".
    Always nice to see a couple riding side by side together.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    Neglected 2-Smoker Hanger Queens:
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Tweaker's signature says they ride "twin 2014 TWs made side by side on the assembly line".
    Always nice to see a couple riding side by side together.
    A wonderful couple. A great addition to the Moab group. For me it is the pits to live in the far reaches of the nation and meet folks so far away. Still meeting folks in the TW realm is the best part of getting out there and twisting the throttle, and spending time around the campfire in the evening.
    Elvesus, jtstdub, Mel and 5 others like this.

Tweaker - great pictures! Thanks for pointing out that work should not be put before Moab! Next year for sure, come hell or high water. Plus, I'll make sure all my "projects" are completed and the Squatch is rolling well in advance.
    You can't see it if you're not out there living it!

'94 Rainbow Warrior - not so rainbow any more - Clarke XT350 tank, Lizrdbrth's seat mod, Beer Trap Pegs, Ricochet skid plate and more.

Going through withdrawals, sold my other two TW's, down to one....Uhggghhh! Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks. I looked and we don't have any shots of the two us on both our bikes. Fred I like your idea of a white rim camp with a support vehicle. Are you all ready for more days? Admiral what did you use to resize that shot? Plumb we enjoyed hanging out, the rides and fires with you too and everyone.
    Last edited by Tweaker; 04-20-2017 at 11:37 PM.
    Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper Bars one with risers, DG oval pipes. rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Aserbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, weld on foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweaker View Post
    Admiral what did you use to resize that shot?
    There are 2 ways.

1st is clicking on the photo or link (i.e. on my cpu I see "IMG 0467.JPG" instead of a thumbnail picture) but these procedures will work with either.

The picture will then open in the thread window you had open in a larger format. I then right click and "copy image", and click back arrow/button and return to the original thread.

I then "paste" what I copied into the reply or quick reply window and wala, the picture is there in a larger format.

The second way is about the same but instead of just clicking the thumbnail or image code, right click and open in another Tab. Copy the image and paste in the original thread window.

That's it.

P.S.
    You can do the same thing in your own thread, meaning you'll open your thread in edit mode. Click on your thumbnail or image code (best to open in a new tab). Once you copy and paste your photos into your original thread, save or save the changes. Then go back into edit mode and find "manage attachments" and delete the attachments. After you save all the changes you are left with a larger picture and your thumbnails or image codes are now gone for a cleaner look with bigger pictures.

From a viewers point of view, seeing the small thumbnail photos or image codes are a little bit of a pain for all of us "progressive lens" glasses wearers! We can simply click on the images which enlarges them and sometimes it allows us to click next and see the others in large (max is 5 attached photos from your computer/phone device).

If you have a photo host like I do (google photos and Photobucket) the pictures can be posted in a thread in a larger format allowing the viewer to view without clicking on your thumbnail or image code. Plus you can post up to 25 photo's in your thread.

The downside to this method is you have to setup the photo host account and some people don't want to take the time to do this. BTW, Photobucket is much more cumbersome so I use google photos now.

Good photo post explaimation.
    I use Admiral's Method #1 with sucess from my laptop, however I can't replicate technique using an iPad.
    Interestingly enough tapatalk frequently allows me to post more than 5 photos per post from my cell phone but then later I seem unable to enlargen the pics for our veiwing pleasure.
    I don't really understand the mechanism involved as I am a Luddite who has been reluctantly drug into the 21st century.
    admiral and littletommy like this.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

Senior Member old w/2 many guns & bikes's Avatar
    Tweaker; how long did it take to do the whole Potash Road loop from camp? Is there a lot of sand? I've re-geared to 15-45 for street, but after doing the harder (focusing on the trail) stuff while we were there; am thinking of running back down to do the paved scenic picture taking stuff (Canyonlands NP and Arches NP) except planning to use Willow Springs Rd. to get into Arches; and riding down and back up Shafer Switchbacks.
    Figure that would give me two relaxed days of putting around; but wanted to check the time and conditions for the whole Potash Rd. in case I had a lot of time after doing all of Canyonlands topside. Thanks.
    littletommy and TopPredator like this.

My buddies and I were there a week later.
    There was TW200 in the group of 8.
    Next time I am taking my TW200 there so I can ride Slick Rock Trails.
    Simba

The White Rim Trail going Counter Clockwise, early AM Green River.

As far as camping along the White Rim Trail there are ten camp locations with two sites per location allowing up to 15 individuals in a total of three vehicles per site within the Park boundaries. No fires nor pets permitted. Recently re-done Park Service main Canyonlands website no longer lists backcountry permit fees and lead time for reservations like a few years ago, just loops back and forth. Perhaps Michael's buddy who did the poor performing Affordable Care Act website through her lucrative Canadian company's contract got this website re-do contract too.
    Anyways a phone call usually clears up these discrepancies like stated rule one must have a fire pan and haul out charcoal residue vs. the "campfires prohibited" rule. The sites I drove by had no obvious evidence of prior campfires.
    I've camped along the Green River a few times before all the regulations and it can certainly be a memorable experience slowing down to watch the play of light on the canyon walls as day turns to night. Dusk brings many birds and other wildlife out...bugs too. Usually warmer down along the river but it takes a few hours before morning sunlight reaches canyon floor. Would be fun with fellow TWers.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by old w/2 many guns & bikes View Post
    Tweaker; how long did it take to do the whole Potash Road loop from camp? Is there a lot of sand? I've re-geared to 15-45 for street, but after doing the harder (focusing on the trail) stuff while we were there; am thinking of running back down to do the paved scenic picture taking stuff (Canyonlands NP and Arches NP) except planning to use Willow Springs Rd. to get into Arches; and riding down and back up Shafer Switchbacks.
    Figure that would give me two relaxed days of putting around; but wanted to check the time and conditions for the whole Potash Rd. in case I had a lot of time after doing all of Canyonlands topside. Thanks.
    There was no sand. We left at 10? and got back by 4? Some made it shorter by not going to the loops at Islands in the Sky np.

Edit stop at the pictographs along the river on potash and when you get to the white rim trail intersection go down ( a few miles) that to mussleman arch. We missed those and some riders went back down to see those.
    Last edited by Tweaker; 04-21-2017 at 04:21 PM.
    Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper Bars one with risers, DG oval pipes. rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Aserbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, weld on foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links