Visiting Southwest Utah - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: Visiting Southwest Utah

Those pictures are amazing. So you say Winter, Spring and your fall season are the best time to ride round Utah area. Doesn't Utah also get alot of Snow in Winter? I'm thinking of doing an end of year trip toy the US and thought Utah might be ski country then. If not I'll try muster up a TW for some of these roads. This place is now officially on my bucketlist haha cheers for the pics mate, keep em coming!
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    Those pictures are amazing. So you say Winter, Spring and your fall season are the best time to ride round Utah area. Doesn't Utah also get alot of Snow in Winter? I'm thinking of doing an end of year trip toy the US and thought Utah might be ski country then. If not I'll try muster up a TW for some of these roads. This place is now officially on my bucketlist haha cheers for the pics mate, keep em coming!

Thanks. Fall, Winter, and Spring are the best times to ride in the southwest part of the state where much of the area is lower in elevation and therefore doesn't get as much snow. During the summer months it gets pretty warm, like over 100 degrees at times. There are mountains nearby, however, that you can escape to during the summer to get out of the heat. Other parts of the state that are higher in elevation do get a lot of snow and have great skiing during the winter. The most popular places to ski are in the Salt Lake City and Park City area but we do have skiing in this end of the state at Brian Head northeast of Cedar City, and Eagle Point east of Beaver. I hope you're able to make the trip as there is a lot to see and experience.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Very good idea, this thread is. I'll be back here many time just to re-visit your rides.

Come the end of the month though, thanks to one of my uncle's, (I'll call him Sam), I might get an extra day per week to ride!So coming down your way with an extra long weekend, which is on my bucket list, is not entirely out of the question.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks B-Dub

I have been trying to get to Torowheap for several years now. Is it accessible in the winter/spring or does it not open up until summer months?

Quote Originally Posted by heyduke View Post
    Thanks B-Dub

I have been trying to get to Torowheap for several years now. Is it accessible in the winter/spring or does it not open up until summer months?

The NPS website has some good reading if you're planning to visit Toroweap. It says the roads may be muddy and impassable from December through March. During the summer months it would be pretty hot. I recommend the spring or fall.

This is a great thread B-dub.

Your ride reports are always some of the most drool-worthy and I'm definitely one of those with very real aspirations to get up there and do some riding. Having all of this information compiled by a local with firsthand experience is bound to help a lot of people with planning their trips.

I hope the Utah Office of Tourism is compensating you for your time and effort! A tax write-off for your TW miles at least?
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

One of these days maybe I'll be lucky enough to see that country, never forget how blessed you are to ride in a place like that.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

Quote Originally Posted by DonBenito View Post
    This is a great thread B-dub.

Your ride reports are always some of the most drool-worthy and I'm definitely one of those with very real aspirations to get up there and do some riding. Having all of this information compiled by a local with firsthand experience is bound to help a lot of people with planning their trips.

I hope the Utah Office of Tourism is compensating you for your time and effort! A tax write-off for your TW miles at least?

Hey, thanks! I would like to get down your way sometime since I've enjoyed your ride reports as well. A tax write-off? That's a great idea but somehow I don't think that's going to happen.

I'm working on making gps tracks for each ride, and maybe a map. I would like to include the tracks as an attachment, but I'm not aware of a way to attach a file to posts in this forum. I can always put them on the public side of Dropbox and provide a link to that.

What are some good places to ride in the provo/salt lake area? Once the snow melts of course. I just got a TW a month ago and don't know many areas around here as I am not from here. Any recommendations would be appreciated! I want to get down to some of these spots from your pics too!

Quote Originally Posted by JACDub View Post
    What are some good places to ride in the provo/salt lake area? Once the snow melts of course. I just got a TW a month ago and don't know many areas around here as I am not from here. Any recommendations would be appreciated! I want to get down to some of these spots from your pics too!

I've never ridden up there, but here are some good web sites to check out:

trails.com

ATV trails for winter

riderplanet.com

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links