Flag Replaced - but we didn't do it
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Flag Replaced - but we didn't do it

Flag Replaced - but we didn't do it.

Last Friday, sscooter, Todd, Me and Georgie took off from Smiths Ferry to East Mtn Lookout and northern portion of East Mtn Way Trail. I'd done the longer southern trail last year. My original plan for this trip was to replace the American Flag, which I noticed was out of sorts on a trip I made up here about a month ago. To my surprise, the flag had already been replaced. I'm happy to see someone else cared about the flag.

The new flag someone else put up. I'm glad there are other folks who thought about replacing the flag and got'er done!

At the staging area - sscooter

and Todd on his TTR-230

Lunch break up on East Mtn Lookout. Georgie hoping for a morsel?

Fool Creek Trail off the East Mtn Way trail - I'll have to keep this one in mind for the future

Todd looks happy don't he?

Another break next to Clear Creek on Clear Creek rd

Georgie enjoying Clear Creek

And a condensed video version of our ride. Happy trails all!
    Last edited by admiral; 07-16-2013 at 07:58 AM.
    lrppcer and B-dub like this.

East Mountain trail ride---VIDEO---

I finished my video version of the trip. It’s not often that I go on a group ride and I do not regret it, the day was great, the weather was on the warmer side but not unbearable. My video starts at the top of the Mountain and continues for the entire ride down the trail and bit more footage when we get back to the forest service roads. I took some still pictures but they did not turn out. Editing the video to keep the running time down is hard to do even spending a few hours working on it I got the footage down to 15 minutes or so. There was a time on the trail we went the wrong direction but I knew were we were. We were that little red line on my GPS with the triangle at the end of it I will say one thing running behind the other guys gave me plenty of time to ingest dirt. I think my eyes finally watered out the remainder of the dirt on Sunday as they don’t hurt anymore. I kind of planned on the dirt and brought along my dust mask it worked well. Maybe goggles rather than sunglass are in order.

100%

lrppcer and B-dub like this.

Riding thru forest is sooo fun on a TW. Single track and fresh air! I try to ride back from whoever is in front of me so dust clears when I'm in a group ride.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Beautiful area! Thanks for the videos. Not having to replace the flag just means a good excuse for a return trip.......

Very nice! I love the intent, I love that somebody beat you to it, and I love that it looks like a great time/ride anyway.
    -LRPPCER aka. WA Larry...I Live For This

2004 TW200, 128 main jet, 2 washers on the needle, 2-3/8 turns, smoke Jimbo shield, Shinko 241 trials type front tire, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip, Cycle Pumps, Custom racks, GMAX GM11D helmet, Sena SMH10, Dowco Iron Rider tank bag, Garmin etrex 20 gps, Ram mount.

See my adventure blog at...Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lrppcer View Post
    Very nice! I love the intent, I love that somebody beat you to it, and I love that it looks like a great time/ride anyway.
    Well, said. I too am glad someone beat me to it!

Quote Originally Posted by sscooter View Post
    "video continues for the entire ride down - editing the video to keep the running time down is hard to do"
    Fun watching the video. I've only seen myself in a video for just a few short shots from Ron in Boise when we rode in the Danskins. Kinda cool seeing Georgie riding on the back from someone else's perspective.

I liked your funnies in the video "we are here" map. I about fell out of my chair when I saw that.

I had no idea I was dragging branches around, again your comments regarding that were funny.

If either you or Todd put on a group ride and didn't mind my company, I'd go.

Had a great time and glad you guys could make it!

Great report and pics! I loved the videos, too. Good also to see someone else cares enough to replace the flag. I'm sure your flag will get put to good use, Admiral. Those trails sure looked like fun, and good company, too. Thanks for sharing your ride with us.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Thanks again for inviting me, I had a great time. Would love to do it again.

Admiral,

I am very impressed by Georgie, that girl can ride!

You were going at a pretty good clip and down some gnarly sections but she seemed glued to that seat. What does it take for her bail off?

Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links