Washington State Tdubers - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree962Likes

Thread: Washington State Tdubers

I looked up Tumtum. Near Spokane. The ride in Mattawa would have been a good one to make for us. Wish I could have made it but my wife isn't up to that kind of riding. This coming weekend I am so looking forward to meeting Dette with my wife so she can help her with her confidence. Having the chance to go riding with a lady it has given her motivation to get her learners permit so she can go with me, a good thing lol. Being it is a big area to ride I suspect there will be other riders with quads and jeeps there as they have trails for all the different rigs. As it is her first outing I hope it will be something she enjoys.

Hope to see some other tw's at tahuya wa.

Is there a time and specific location you are meeting at in Tahuya Park on March 22?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Is there a time and specific location you are meeting at in Tahuya Park on March 22?

I better get checking the ferry schedules...not certain where exactly we will meet-up, all that has to be decided. If anyone from Whidbey, north of Whidbey or Port Townsend wants to meet up with me to ride down, let me know.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I figure to be at Tahuya around 9ish. As the evening runs a bit longer now it will give us a good day. If the weather is nice I might plan staying over. Will bring a stack of firewood and some groceries.

If you check out Tahuya state park there is a paved lot near Belfair, I plan on parking at that one.
    Last edited by plumbstraight; 03-10-2014 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dette View Post
    I better get checking the ferry schedules...not certain where exactly we will meet-up, all that has to be decided. If anyone from Whidbey, north of Whidbey or Port Townsend wants to meet up with me to ride down, let me know.
    I have my ferry reservation....got the earliest one I could get which is the 7:15am on March 22nd. According to MapQuest, Port Townsend to Belfair is an hour twenty something so I will be later than 9am.

Works for me Dette. Looking forward to having a day of it. Just finished putting my 50t back on and a new O ring chain.

I looked on the waatv web site. Go there and look up trails. It will give you all the riding areas of the state. Tahuya has three parking areas, but one is paved and painted. That one is elfendahl. I would recommend we meet there. With all the rain we have had I don't know how slick the other parking areas are or how torn up by winter enthusiasts. So looking forward to meeting some other TW fanatics.
    Last edited by plumbstraight; 03-11-2014 at 11:13 PM.

This is awesome. I'm not sure if I can make it yet, but I'm excited to see some folks having a TW meet-up. Just remember if it is a state park or state orv area to have your discover pass with you (bike AND tow vehicles). I hope to see you, but if not...have fun!

UPDATE: I'm in!
    Last edited by lrppcer; 03-21-2014 at 11:52 PM.
    dette and plumbstraight like this.
    -LRPPCER aka. WA Larry...I Live For This

2004 TW200, 128 main jet, 2 washers on the needle, 2-3/8 turns, smoke Jimbo shield, Shinko 241 trials type front tire, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip, Cycle Pumps, Custom racks, GMAX GM11D helmet, Sena SMH10, Dowco Iron Rider tank bag, Garmin etrex 20 gps, Ram mount.

See my adventure blog at...Hidden Content

Was nice to have someone to tear it up a bit. Was a fun day with all that came. Now I am looking at other riding areas. Port Angeles to Neah bay or Ozette. And there is a trail head that is 3mi to the ocean, but that is for walking only. When I lived at Ozette is was a walk through the forest swamps and all. Some of it was puncheoned so the walking wasn't too bad. Now it has a boardwalk for the bad parts, elevated even. Seems like no one has to get dirty anymore, that is half the fun. Anyways, it would be a nice weekend outing if anyone is interested. I remember the old fellow that lived out in the timber in that cedar shack he built about halfway out. Now of course it is a shrine to the old days. How things have changed. Was great to go glass ball hunting after a storm. The beach is a rocky one so not many of the larger balls made it, but we found several of the smaller ones.
    Back to the subject of riding. As of May 1st it seems most will open up that are not year round assecceble sp? Would like to do a lot of them both in the desert and places like rimrock. That area around Concunully with miles of trails and roads and the surrounding towns accepting 4 wheelers looks like a place to vacation for a while. Wouldn't mind spending a week or so there when it warms a bit and take a fishing pole. Any of you folks living close to these areas give us a post. Let's light up the forum with some good riding this year.
    dette and Mattw like this.

Very sad hearing about the mud slide up there. Hoping the missing are ok
    lrppcer likes this.

It is a mess forsure. 175 missing. I talked to a friend that lives near there. She lost some friends. I doubt they will ever find them all. I feel the most for the ones that were in cars on the road that got buried and of course those in their houses. Just a horrible thing to have happen. We have slides every year do to the rain. Mostly it has been along the sound and covers the rr tracks stopping amtrak. As folks build closer to these hills that are made of glacial till, when they get soaked up it just turns to slop.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links