The "third times a charm Cow Mtn ride" planning thread
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question The "third times a charm Cow Mtn ride" planning thread

Howdy all, just got back from a road ride (bicycle not moto), mid 60s dry sunny. Not sure where Winter went but putting the TW away for the season may have been a little premature.
    Twice now I've organized these rides and had to divert around cow mtn, once due to a moto-x race, then more recently because the government couldn't play nice and shut down the park.
    As the saying goes third times the charm, so.....
    Gauging interest in organizing another Norcal ride to Start in Ukiah head through Cow Mtn and possibly a little run into Mendo forest.
    So let's throw out some dates in mid to late January.
    For the usual suspects or new riders who's in?
    Josh
    Not all men are capable of greatness, but all possess toughness.
    2001 TW a mod or two maybeHidden Content

Mel
    Josh, I am stomping at the bit to make one of your rides up there. Unfortunately, the Quartzsite AZ RV Show, Rock Show, Swap meet is the last half of January including travel time. That is just my conflict with those dates.
    Mel

I don't know about a group ride that far away in January. The days are short, the air is cold and maybe even snow on the ground, plus it might rain and be really muddy-- maybe, it could happen. I will see what others think before I decide. I would hate to miss a group ride but maybe the end of Feb or March would be better.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

i'm ready to finally ride cow mountain, but i think tony has a point.... our last ride we were pretty short on daylight.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

OK, maybe first Saturday after time change?

Ok, given on the last ride once we located everyone again and made our way back to Lakeport it was dark; let's push the date to Saturday March 15th. This gives us roughly a week after the time change so the days will be longer. This also gives me and my faithful local (Joemama) a chance to plan a ride with as much new scenery as possible.
    Sound good?
    BTW-I'll be making a Saturday trip up to Cow Mtn recreation area sometime in January (weather permitting) to scout trails and generally goof off if anyone is interested?
    Happy New Year

Saturday march 15th sounds good to me. And I am all for a late January scouting ride. I'm sure we can talk Joemama into it.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerjosh View Post
    BTW-I'll be making a Saturday trip up to Cow Mtn recreation area sometime in January (weather permitting) to scout trails and generally goof off if anyone is interested?
    hmmm.... possible

Quote Originally Posted by bikerjosh View Post
    Happy New Year
    yes, definitely a happy new years to everyone
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hi josh and all, for a scouting ride, this weekend is the only one I have off in January. If anyone is up for it, Saturday or Sunday, lets ride. One thing to remember about crossing Cow Mountain is Scott Creek on the East side. With very much rain it will not be crossable. Not a problem in the near future. No rain in sight.

Joemama

I will have to decide nearer the time as I am abroad for much of Jan. Will join if at all possible.
    TW200 and Unimog Camper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links