The "third times a charm Cow Mtn ride" planning thread part 2 rescheduled from Jan.
Close

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree291Likes

Thread: The "third times a charm Cow Mtn ride" planning thread part 2 rescheduled from Jan.

The "third times a charm Cow Mtn ride" planning thread part 2 rescheduled from Jan.

Whoops like I already goofed up the title, should have said 4th time is the charm. oh well

Ok, crawled out from under my rock (actually still recovering from my last 4wd trip) but I digress; let's talk dates now that the days are longer.
    After talking with joemama looks like Saturday April 19th (whoops need to change to May 3rd see below) might work out best. Other dates let me know your thoughts?

We'll meet in Ukiah for breakfast at 8am at "Jensen's Truck Stop" good parking.
    • From there we'll head south and spend the next 40 mins riding about 20 miles riding to cow mtn staging area.
    • Once we get in the park we'll do a few figure 8 loops before continuing East toward Lakeport (right before we leave cow mtn we'll do a little "out and back" along the south fork of Scotts Creek)
      • Orange is first loop, blue second, dark green third, purple pit and back. All trails rated as novice

CowMtn-roundup4_zps99b51409.png
    We'll ride into Lakeport then head North for some yet unplanned dirt fun and finally a run up to Lake Pilsbury.
    Plan is to put in enough miles to have us back in Ukiah at the vehicles about 5pm (although if you ask my wife she'd say umm 7:30 or so)
    As I build the rest of the loop I'll post it up.
    Ok who's in?
    Last edited by bikerjosh; 04-15-2014 at 07:31 AM. Reason: date change
    Not all men are capable of greatness, but all possess toughness.
    2001 TW a mod or two maybeHidden Content

woo hooo! now i need to clear the calendar
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I'm in, if I can keep up.
    Would love to share gas $ and drive up to Ukiah with someone from the East Bay who has room in their truck or trailer.

Accidentally found a trail in Carnegie today that I couldn't do. :-)
    An offshoot of Los Osos trail. Was able to get the TW turned around and made it back down to the correct trail and then up to the top of the hill. Very green and pretty for at least one more day.

s
    evan likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Great!, April 19th is fine for me. Marked on calendar. Looking forward to it! The shallow water creek crossings are going to be fun, fun, fun!

4 riders and counting! Can we top our last ride? I'm thinking 15 riders!!!
    Last edited by evan; 03-19-2014 at 08:54 AM.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Quote Originally Posted by evan View Post
    Great!, April 19th is fine for me. Marked on calendar. Looking forward to it!
    ditto!

The shallow water creek crossings are going to be fun, fun, fun!
    i wonder if i should do the snorkel mod before then.... i don't want any repeats of my infamous water crossing.

4 riders and counting! Can we top our last ride? I'm thinking 15 riders!!!
    with the new turn outs at the wrench and ride, we might be able to hit a new all time high!
    evan likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Make it five. I'm in.

Joe
    evan likes this.

Crap just realized Easter is the 20th. I have family coming into town Friday-Sunday (haven't seen my Mom in 6 months) need to push the date out to Saturday April 26th. Sorry, less than 24 hours form original posting and we're changing the date already.
    Josh
    Not all men are capable of greatness, but all possess toughness.
    2001 TW a mod or two maybeHidden Content

the 26th. damn i'm out.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by bikerjosh View Post
    Crap just realized Easter is the 20th. I have family coming into town Friday-Sunday (haven't seen my Mom in 6 months) need to push the date out to Saturday April 26th. Sorry, less than 24 hours form original posting and we're changing the date already.
    Josh
    I'm still in.

April 26th still ok for me.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links