Seat Concepts TW200 Seat Kits Now Available in all 4 Styles - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Seat Concepts TW200 Seat Kits Now Available in all 4 Styles

how are you guys stapling the new seat on?? regular big squeeze handle stapler?? I don't think I'd want the seat any wider, I'm short so I need all the leg reach I can get, even on the Dub
    Ken likes this.
    2005 Tdub

Fred had a hand one that worked for him. I had bought a new one at HD but it didn't work very well for me. I ended up getting an air stapler from HF but I already had an air compressor. It was the bomb.
    Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper Bars one with risers, DG oval pipes. rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Aserbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, weld on foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Quote Originally Posted by PlacerLode View Post

Also I have a small favor to ask of those of you who already have SC seat kits on your TW's can you share your thoughts on how you like your cover selection ie are you still happy with your pick and what style cover might you recommend to others considering the kits (there are many lurking and contemplating as we speak) thanks for any input

My thoughts.

I have the "Gripper" if this is the same thing as Embossed.

Doesn't keep me from sliding forward as much as I thought or would like but it must work because when I try to slide back in the seat it pulls my pants down (i.e. plumbers crack). Actually, not that bad but I do have to lift my hind ender so my trousers don't get pulled down.

Riding comfort of the seat, in general, is unmatched to what I've used before, which include stock (2 hours before sorebutt, Maddog or Coleman pad (4 hours before sorebutt), and Seat Concepts (6-8 hours before sorebutt).

I like it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I have bad hips. I could make it about 15 minutes with the stock seat / about 30 minutes with the stock seat with the coleman pad on it and with one of PlacerLodes seat concepts seat double that. (could be longer, but I stop at all donut shops I pass along the way)

It was a definite reduction in pain.

Thank you Fred and God Bless ya brotha!!!

***still want to know how many covers were in the car...
    Last edited by littletommy; 05-18-2017 at 11:41 AM.
    LittleTommy Hidden Content

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

If one small act of kindness can change someone's day for the better, think about the difference you could make over the course of a lifetime. Hidden Content

John 10:10 I am come (Jesus) that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

I like to use 1/4" staples with my Makita LXT18v cordless stapler (dang stapler is too expensive though!) it helps to warm the seat pan in the sun or if you live where there is little sun heat it up near your furnace etc it greatly softens the plastic so the staples penetrate easier
    admiral and littletommy like this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie" - " TW-Palooza Moab 2017"

Hidden Content

I used 3/8 and 1/4 staples with a hand stapler. The staples didn't go in all the way so I finished tapping them in with a hammer!
    littletommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuber View Post
    how are you guys stapling the new seat on?? regular big squeeze handle stapler?? I don't think I'd want the seat any wider, I'm short so I need all the leg reach I can get, even on the Dub
    I am short as well and it does not effect me at all.
    littletommy likes this.
    cycle rack, front rack, oil cooler, richocet skid plate, shinko 241, x-ring chain, jimbo shield, led lighting and boxes added to rack for storage.

I stapled my stock seat cover with a standard Arrow stapler. Looks like hell but it works and you cant see the staples when the seat is on the bike.
    littletommy likes this.
    Rick

I cheated and used and air stapler!
    Tweaker and PlacerLode like this.
    cycle rack, front rack, oil cooler, richocet skid plate, shinko 241, x-ring chain, jimbo shield, led lighting and boxes added to rack for storage.

The position of your hand using the Powershot can control a lot of recoil so staples penetrate deeper compared to traditional Arrow-type staplers. images-3.jpeg
    Tweaker and PlacerLode like this.
    Lights, Action, Traction....Let's Ride!
    2003 model year, jetted for mile high+ riding, Wiseco 68mm piston, Duro ATV rear tire, IRC GP-1 Trials front tire, XT-225 tank, Cyclerack, 2" handlebar risers, foot pegs, D-flex hand guards, right angle fuel filter, Seat Concepts kit over additional hi-density foam, fluorescent paint, Betty Boop stickers..and a lot of scratches!.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links