3 years....no regrets
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: 3 years....no regrets

3 years....no regrets

3 years ago this week, Montezuma and I headed 100 miles north to Maumee{Toledo} to Honda East to pick up a new 2014 TW that I had ordered a couple of weeks earlier...I pulled a few thousand out of my savings for a 65th Birthday Present for Myself....6400 miles, 3 years, and turning 68 tomorrow, I have zero regrets that I decided to get back into riding after taking 25 years or so off to help the wife raise the family, without killing myself {which I had came close to doing on a few occasions} on a street bike. I started out dual sport, graduated to fast bikes, slowed down a bit in my mid 30s and finally gave it up for well over 2 decades....when I decided to get back into Motorcycles I knew it would be mostly off road or back roads...and glad I did just that:

Moab, Big Bend, Mountains of West Virginia, The Great Lakes, as well as all around Ohio and Indiana, hopefully are just the beginning....and a Salute to all of the friends, including some gone from this site, that helped along the way....

So here's to 3 years and hopefully a few more, of being back in the Saddle:

March 2014....

tw200 006.JPGtw200 007.JPGtw first ride 004.JPG
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Good on ya Hoot! Here's to more adventures and if I forget...Happy Birthday....one day early.

Nice! I for one am glad you didn't kill yourself! Keep up the good work! You add a lot to all the forums, list, etc..

Happy Birthday in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
    3 years ago this week, Montezuma and I headed 100 miles north to Maumee{Toledo} to Honda East to pick up a new 2014 TW that I had ordered a couple of weeks earlier...I pulled a few thousand out of my savings for a 65th Birthday Present for Myself....6400 miles, 3 years, and turning 68 tomorrow, I have zero regrets that I decided to get back into riding after taking 25 years or so off to help the wife raise the family, without killing myself {which I had came close to doing on a few occasions} on a street bike. I started out dual sport, graduated to fast bikes, slowed down a bit in my mid 30s and finally gave it up for well over 2 decades....when I decided to get back into Motorcycles I knew it would be mostly off road or back roads...and glad I did just that:

Moab, Big Bend, Mountains of West Virginia, The Great Lakes, as well as all around Ohio and Indiana, hopefully are just the beginning....and a Salute to all of the friends, including some gone from this site, that helped along the way....

So here's to 3 years and hopefully a few more, of being back in the Saddle:

March 2014....

tw200 006.JPGtw200 007.JPGtw first ride 004.JPG

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Happy birthday Hoot! Figure your getting so old early birthday wishes could be the only ones you live long enough to receive.

Tom
    Never, in the history of mankind, have lives, less lived, been so well chronicled.

Good you have enjoyed it and found the right bike. Thanks for the post. I think I have convince my father to get a TW so we can do an adventure ride together. I hope he enjoys the bike a much a we all do. And happy Birthday. Any new TW related gifts this year?

Quote Originally Posted by mountain yawp View Post
    Good you have enjoyed it and found the right bike. Thanks for the post. I think I have convince my father to get a TW so we can do an adventure ride together. I hope he enjoys the bike a much a we all do. And happy Birthday. Any new TW related gifts this year?
    Not really on the "New" gifts, but a replacement tire for both the Mich T63 on the front and the Stock Rear Tire are in the cards....and I need to fix the welds on the Man~Rack....at both Moab and Big Bend while carrying a Roto~Pack with 2 gallons of fuel, the welds broke...Moab was caused by a fall, following Fred up Mount Nowhere and the again at Big Bend due to bouncing on rough terrain ... So you can see my needs are few, I am pretty happy with the results of the {Mostly} stock 2014
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Update your profile page Pat to include your birthday please.
    Hoot Gibson, Ken and admiral like this.
    LittleTommy Hidden Content

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

That blue & black really is one of the nicest looking bikes out there. Happy birthday and congratulations for rediscovering the joys of being back in the saddle.
    Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2011 Genuine Scooter Co Blur 220i - 1999 Yamaha TW200
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

So, like the big ugly biker on TV says,"No Regerts". Hard to go wrong on a TW
    Phelonius

Happy Birthday Hoot
    littletommy, Ken and Hoot Gibson like this.
    Rick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links